AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered this one ( so cheap !! ). very good mercernary movie, well done with seriousness. One of Walken's best role. Tom Berenger too.

if only FFOLKES could get on dvd ( Roger Moore )

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It's funny HOW much opinions vary for person to person! I also grabbed this DVD (had not seen it before) and thought is was one of the worse films I'd seen and now am trying to sell it. A friend of mine also thought it was a good film and we have very similar tastes. Am I'm sure there are plenty of films I love that others think are horrible.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
David I have had this disc for about 6 months now, I liked Christopher Walken in Brainstorm disc I have. I like Tom Beringer in "Cutaway" and "The Last of the Dogmen" with Barbara Hershey both of these I have on disc. I am waiting for The Wild Geese with Richard Burton, Roger Moore, Richard Harris and Hardy Kruger or the Wild Geese 2 with Scott Glenn. Folkkes was a cat lover, it was all he would take as a prize for saving the oil rigs.

Sorry Frank I love this walken/beringer mercenary, and I would live to have the colorful gun walkens character used to blow up every thing he saw.

BTW guys you know where the term merc or mercenry came from? Men that originally used mercury switches to trigger explosions. Today they are used for hood or trunk lights, when you tilt the liquid metal mercury (Hg) it closes a circuit and lights go on. Untilt it and circuit is now open and light (s) go off.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great blow-em-up flick. I like the two leads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.