AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dolby/5.1 audio input to DAV-TZ215 HT system

Hi I have a DAV-TZ215 HT system. I would like to connect my ASUS O!Play Mini to DAV-TZ215 and get dolby effect

The ASUS O!Play Mini has an optical out but DAV-TZ215 has only analogue IN, which means only stereo effect or an virtual 5.1 effect can only be got.

My question is

1. Is there a way to achieve 5.1 true dolby through my existing DAV-TZ215 HT speakers (like using some converters)

2. If it is not possible is there a way to upgrade my HT but to retain the speakers (my budget would be like 6K)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
You won't get a Dolby signal into it. I Googled DAV-TZ215 and fount it's a Sony unit and spent a little time looking at the owners manual, finding it.s not a blue ray. You can add a Digital to Analog converter that can give you a 2 channel input, and maybe the Sony can do something with that, but it well not be a 5.1.

This is an example of one.

FiiO D3 (D03K) Digital to Analog Audio Converter
http://www.amazon.com/D03K-Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter/dp/B009346RSS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396276613&sr=1-2&keywords=dac

·
Registered
9,015 Posts
You can get DD 5.1 and DTS from the unit's internal DVD player. No TrueHD as that requires a BD player. And analog stereo is the best you can get from an external source. It is unlikely you can attach those speakers to a separate receiver. Sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I thought I could connect the speakers directly to the said decoder with using the A/V receiver box. But I also guess the speakers would require an amplified input for its operation and amplification will not be done by the decoder.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts

Quote:
My question is

1. Is there a way to achieve 5.1 true dolby through my existing DAV-TZ215 HT speakers (like using some converters)

2. If it is not possible is there a way to upgrade my HT but to retain the speakers (my budget would be like 6K)

maybe its time to scrap the Sony DAV-TZ215 system? Especially if you have a 6K budget.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts