AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I emailed Dolby a couple weeks ago on how to get the demo disc. They asked what my address was and within a couple days, is was snuggled inside my mailbox. I didn't pay a dime
I did the same and they offered nothing. Lucky you. I winded up getting it anyway, so worked out for me anyway!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Interesting Demo disc. They basically mix in a way to make any speakers sound good as a marketing strategy for stores to sell their speakers and a/v equipment. My Aiwa speaker as a center channel sounded extremely well compare to a typical movie. I can't wait to hear it on my main setup.

·
Registered
15,215 Posts
If the link is not working then I am not sure. But if you have the 2014 disc, it is overall better than the 2015. 2015 has some of the same content, and the added content is not worth much. Transformers demo plus a few ambient sound demos that are meant to show Atmos vs 5.1 by alternating them.
That last part you described would be interesting to have.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If the link is not working then I am not sure. But if you have the 2014 disc, it is overall better than the 2015. 2015 has some of the same content, and the added content is not worth much. Transformers demo plus a few ambient sound demos that are meant to show Atmos vs 5.1 by alternating them.
this is what that second link looks like, is this a url that will go somewhere?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:VTDDF474BGL32AA247D47TQE7PLEN4FY

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I downloaded some of the demos and they're in .mt2s format. I tried streaming them as mpeg to my blu-ray player. They played for a second and then froze. Any suggestions? maybe convert them to dvd? if so, any recommended conversion software for windows 10?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I downloaded some of the demos and they're in .mt2s format. I tried streaming them as mpeg to my blu-ray player. They played for a second and then froze. Any suggestions? maybe convert them to dvd? if so, any recommended conversion software for windows 10?
I downloaded the six "lossless" Atmos files from the demo-world webite and burned them to a DVD.

My blu-ray player (oppo) then played them as data-movie files.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts