AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 871 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just reached out to one of the audio leads from Xbox on twitter regarding MSFT adding an up-mixing option to non-atmos games. Back in the end of March he said it was something they were working on. Fingers crossed it will still see a release!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Red Dead Redemption on xbox one x with the 360 version backwards compat; the game is rendering at 4K on xbox one x.

THe dolby app on xbox one updated; so the demo videos are back! i was glad; but for awhile there they were gone.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a Sony X900F tv, along with a Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X sound bar.
It seems that I have to if I plug my xbox one x into the tv, I don't get Atmos. But if I plug the xbox one x into my sound bar, the setting appears and works fine.

Is it not possible to run the xbox through the tv, while using the HDMI Arc from TV to the sound bar and enjoy atmos?

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I have a Sony X900F tv, along with a Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X sound bar.
It seems that I have to if I plug my xbox one x into the tv, I don't get Atmos. But if I plug the xbox one x into my sound bar, the setting appears and works fine.

Is it not possible to run the xbox through the tv, while using the HDMI Arc from TV to the sound bar and enjoy atmos?
Nope, no TV can process bitstream lossless audio or immersive audio metadata. When eARC is available then that should allow this.

Reactions: bodean

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello!
Can someone help me discover whats failing in my system?
I need help with anyone who has:
-X Box One X with Audio Out: Bitstream Atmos for Home Teather
-Rise of the Tomb Raider

Do u hace trouble launching the game like that?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello!
Can someone help me discover whats failing in my system?
I need help with anyone who has:
-X Box One X with Audio Out: Bitstream Atmos for Home Teather
-Rise of the Tomb Raider

Do u hace trouble launching the game like that?
I recently finished rise of the tomb raider on xbox one x using a system with dolby atmos. What issues are you having?
Launching the game?
Issues with sound from using dolby atmos?
Any more details you can provide will be helpful in determining the issue.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I recently finished rise of the tomb raider on xbox one x using a system with dolby atmos. What issues are you having?
Launching the game?
Issues with sound from using dolby atmos?
Any more details you can provide will be helpful in determining the issue.
Thank You!
The game wont start if Output set to Atmos.
As I launch the game It gets frozen before the Crystal Dynamic...Eidos...Square Enix acknowledgement show up.. :(
I go to Settings..set audio to DTS or Dolby and works just fine. Every single time.
No one suffer this issue?
I will have to ask for someone with X, ROTTR plus: Denon and LG C7...it may be the case of Denon or LG then :(

PS: I finished it on tuesday! Just to be ready for The Shadow!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thank You!
The game wont start if Output set to Atmos.
As I launch the game It gets frozen before the Crystal Dynamic...Eidos...Square Enix acknowledgement show up.. :(
I go to Settings..set audio to DTS or Dolby and works just fine. Every single time.
No one suffer this issue?
I will have to ask for someone with X, ROTTR plus: Denon and LG C7...it may be the case of Denon or LG then :(

PS: I finished it on tuesday! Just to be ready for The Shadow!
I had my Rise of the tomb raider freeze a couple of times when launching (with atmos turned on), but most times if i exited out, and restarted the console it fixed the problem. Only happened a handful of times. And I own a Denon and an LG C6. I don't think its related to that hardware, i think its an xbox issue with atmos. They are still working out the kinks with that.
Im playing assassins creed origins right now which supports atmos, and the sound cuts in and out every once in a while :/

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
I had my Rise of the tomb raider freeze a couple of times when launching (with atmos turned on), but most times if i exited out, and restarted the console it fixed the problem. Only happened a handful of times. And I own a Denon and an LG C6. I don't think its related to that hardware, i think its an xbox issue with atmos. They are still working out the kinks with that.

Im playing assassins creed origins right now which supports atmos, and the sound cuts in and out every once in a while :/

I too had assassins creed origins lose audio sometimes.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Nope, no TV can process bitstream lossless audio or immersive audio metadata. When eARC is available then that should allow this.

Actually, many TVs are capable of bitstreaming lossy versions of Dolby Atmos over ARC, it just can’t handle lossless versions. Doesn’t help with the XBOX though.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Actually, many TVs are capable of bitstreaming lossy versions of Dolby Atmos over ARC, it just can’t handle lossless versions. Doesn’t help with the XBOX though.

I said lossless and processing. TVs are not AVRs

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I said lossless and processing. TVs are not AVRs

I can’t read apparently.

If the XBOX could ever pass a lossy version of Atmos (like it encodes DTS and DD5.1 on the fly), then the issue would be irrelevant as he could run his XBOX through his TV and at least get a lossy version of Atmos via ARC to his sound bar.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks a lot! Very lucky of me You also have Denon and LG ;)
I just tried the X directly to the C7 with Atmos Active: no issues.
I re connected it through the Denon and working flawlessly too.
Amazing just disconnecting the cable and re attaching it seems to solve the issue.
Hopefully it will last.

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I too had assassins creed origins lose audio sometimes.
I will start AC Origins now I finished the ROTTR. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My SR7010 definitely does not show Atmos/DD+ when I play on my Xbox. It just shows Atmos, not even TrueHD. I'm not sure if this means it is lossless compressed as Atmos/TrueHD or maybe even some form of uncompressed Atmos.
I've tested this yesterday and can now confirm this. The Atmos bitstream from my Xbox One is neither DD+ nor TrueHD :confused:. I'm still assuming this is some uncompressed form of Atmos since there is not really a reason to compress even to TrueHD, but I've never heared of this possibility before.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've tested this yesterday and can now confirm this. The Atmos bitstream from my Xbox One is neither DD+ nor TrueHD :confused:. I'm still assuming this is some uncompressed form of Atmos since there is not really a reason to compress even to TrueHD, but I've never heared of this possibility before.
Screenshot 3 shows you are on the xbox one dashboard. Can you test it from a dolby atmos game (Assassins creed origins, Rise of the tomb raider, super lucky's tale, gears 4) and see what the reading is?

·
Registered
593 Posts
How do you get that information displayed?
I thout it was General, Information, Audio...but it doenst show me the speakers there.

Edit: Info button! 🤪

·
Registered
354 Posts
Xbox and PC’s using the Dolby Access App do PCM Dolby MAT 2.0

From page 12:

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologies/dolby-atmos/dolby-atmos-for-the-home-theater.pdf

Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT
The Dolby Metadata-enhanced Audio Transmission (Dolby MAT) encoder resides in a Blu-ray player to pack the variable bit-rate Dolby TrueHD bitstreams for transmission over the fixed bit-rate HDMI connections. A MAT decoder is subsequently employed in an AVR to unpack the Dolby TrueHD bitstreams. With the introduction of Dolby Atmos, we have expanded this technology to support encoding of Dolby Atmos content as lossless pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio.
A key benefit of Dolby MAT 2.0 is that Dolby Atmos object-based audio can be live encoded and transmitted from a source device with limited latency and processing complexity. Among the possible sources are broadcast set-top boxes, PCs, and game consoles. The Dolby MAT 2.0 decoder in an AVR outputs the object-based audio and its metadata for further processing. The Dolby MAT 2.0 container is scalable and leverages the full potential of the HDMI audio pipeline.

261 - 280 of 871 Posts