AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where you can get a demo DVD of all the dolby digital, DTS, and THX intros that they play in movie theaters? I aws able to find a demo CD that you can order directly from Dolby that has 7 of their intros on it, but was looking for more of a combo DVD that had all of them on it. Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
220 Posts
good question... I'd like to know myself! anyone?!?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
The DTS Demo discs are the best. Another great Demo Disc is the one FOX handed out at Best Buy last Thanksgiving.

The only place you can get either or both now is on EBAY.

Do a search for "Demo DVD".

-- Cain

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I just recently purchased this dts demo featuring 18 movie trailers.
https://www.widescreenreview.com/sub...ubformdts.html

I really love the "U-571" trailer.

The cost is $4.95 including shipping.

The Fox dvd demo is really nice too!

I don't know if this free dvd is still available but try going to www.bmwfilms.com, email the webmaster and ask for your free "The Hire" series dvd.

One clip isn't on the dvd though.

This one is only available from their website.

I really like "Star" with Madonna.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Here's a rough translation

Comments: These new minis-DVD with the ISO format to be engraved are zone-all, and with video standard NTSC exclusively. It has menus to allow the choice of the trailer card to be viewed, and all the trailer cards are in their optimal quality. To the level of the contents that gives: Dolby: Aurora, Train, Egypt, City, Game, Canyon, Rain THX: Broadway shorts, Tex 2, Simpson, Broadway, Large, Cimarron, Tex, Jungle, Tex EX, T2 SDR: DIGITAL experiment, Sonic landscape Large a thank you with PHL ([email protected]) for its titanic task. Do not forget to consult the FAQ (in the Vobtrailers forum) before downloading this file.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From what I've seen of the FAQ is of no importance. It's just general information about the way to open the files.

Let me know if you have any question on the french pages. I could translate since I'm native ... french.

·
Registered
254 Posts
KRK:

Please let us know how you intend to burn this image file (DVD, SVCD, etc.) and the quality.

I have downloaded the file but have yet to burn the image.

I am using a HTPC so I was just going to extract the *.vob files and use them in a playlist for now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The minidvd_ntsc.iso file is a CD image file. If you double-click on the downloaded file, it launches Apdaptec Easy CD Creator (in my case), prompts for confirmation of the CD-R drive/settings, and writes the CD.

The quality is exceptional, both sound and image, and includes all of the trailers mentioned previously. A simple menu system breaks the trailers into categories of bit rate and aspect ratio, and also separates out DTS. From the sub-menus you can then choose a specific trailer identified by a screen captured image and title.

I going to experiment a little this weekend with getting it onto DVD. I not sure how to extract from the *.iso file, but once on cd, you have access to the individual files.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What software & hardware do you need in your computer to view and to copy these DEMO's to a DVD? I have saved the file on my hard-drive and it took about 2 hours to download (via cable-modem). Ron AZ

·
Registered
262 Posts
Although not a DD/DTS demo, "The Hire" DVD mentioned above by pcdoctor is definitely worth getting - its free and has five short films by acclaimed directors. Great for HT demos. You show one of the films and guests end up wanting to watch all five.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Downloaded the file (4 hrs) and created the CD using Easy CD. Two folders were burned in the CD-R, Audio_ts and Video_ts. Noticed that Audio folder is empty, is that correct? Also, what would be the next step to be able to play the files in DVD?

Thanks for the help:confused:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KRK

Steve13 - any chance you could translate the FAQ?
You can translate most any web page on the fly using Babelfish

·
Registered
144 Posts
I downloaded the file, and have burned it on to a cd using Nero. I have both the audio_ts and video_ts folders with files in them, but it won't play on the DVD player (it plays it like a audio CD, with no audio). How do I make it work? Someone mentioned converting to SVCD - how do I do that? Thanks...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dan, its possible that your DVD player doesn't support mini-DVDs.

Does it play on your computer using DVD software? If you wanted to convert it to SVCD then you'll need a bit of software like DVDx downloadable from http://www.doom9.org/software2.htm or have a look at the various guides over on vcdhelp.com

I'm just downloading it myself at the moment, so i'll see whether it works for me.

laura

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.