AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A number of years ago I owned a laserdisc with a Dolby Digital train intro.It was CGI and mostly bluish gray.The sound was fabulous, for 10 seconds or so.Any one have this or heard of it.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I remember seeing it in a movie theatre a few years ago.

The trailers are here , including 3 versions of the "Train" one!

Hopefully the link is not illegal. I can't think why Dolby and DTS would not want to promote themselves by making such trailers freely available, but I don't know where that site got them from, or how they got them.

The "Train" one I've seen in theatres, the "Rain" one is on my test disc. I've seen the DTS "The Digital Experience" in a theatre a long time ago as well as on some of my DVDs. One of my DVDs has the DTS "Sonic Landscape" trailer.

I love those trailers!:D

BTW the link is slow and I'm having a hard time loading it but it does work.

Edit: dang, ChrisWiggles beat me to it! That's why the site was slow, he was loading it too!;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tried to hear these trailers and none of them work. All of them bring up Media Player but then I get a message saying a codec is not available to play this. Even under the Media Player section.

Anyone help.

Mickey

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I have found the best way to get these trailers is to find some DVD's that have them and rip them with DVD Shrink. I have tried downloading them and they never seem to work correctly.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyKelley
I tried to hear these trailers and none of them work. All of them bring up Media Player but then I get a message saying a codec is not available to play this. Even under the Media Player section.

Anyone help.

Mickey
The codecs are, of course, Dolby Digital and DTS. There's no such thing as a DD or DTS codec for WMP. You need a DVD player program like WinDVD. The version I have (WinDVD4) can decode Dolby Digital but not DTS.

The best thing to do would be to burn these files to a DVD and play it back in a standalone player (anyone know if it would work with a CD?) These are .VOB files, like on any movie DVD you would pop in your PC, except that they are unencrypted.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraoch
The codecs are, of course, Dolby Digital and DTS. There's no such thing as a DD or DTS codec for WMP. You need a DVD player program like WinDVD. The version I have (WinDVD4) can decode Dolby Digital but not DTS.

The best thing to do would be to burn these files to a DVD and play it back in a standalone player (anyone know if it would work with a CD?) These are .VOB files, like on any movie DVD you would pop in your PC, except that they are unencrypted.
of course there is an AC-3 codec ... http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

and here are is a GPL'ed mpeg decoder http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=123423

you can use radfilter to assign them to wmp, but i recommend you use zoomplayer

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Fellow member rla22, a little while ago made a collection of all the THX, Dolby, DTS trailers ever released in the VOB format ready to burn.

Awesome collection and all in HQ with correct sound.

The THX ones are very rare.

http://s93409095.onlinehome.us/

·
Registered
483 Posts
The link is showing as 403 Forbidden now. Is there any way we can arrange a ********** or could we send you a DVD to burn for us perhaps?

Thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah I'd really love to get a copy of that. Tried dl'ing it Friday and the link worked, but was at work and didn't want to hog the bandwidth. Today I'm at home trying it and I get a 403.

Any help anyone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.