AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a newly assembled HTPC which includes a Winxp Home (most recent drivers and/or patches installed) & Sblive 5.1 Platinum and have been unable to get DTS audio to work. I have configured all the necessary audio settings in WinXP (specifying digital output) and have configured both of my DVD apps (TheaterTek & PowerDVD) to output via SPDIF. Dolby Digital output works wonderfully with no problems whatsoever. No matter the DTS source, I cannot get DTS output to work. What am I missing here?

This is especially frustrating since I had this configuration working on a Win2K configuration without any problems.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, OK. Got this one figured out. I *THOUGHT* I installed *ALL* the updates/patches. Turns out I didn't. While running Windows update I noticed an updated driver available at Windows update. A Creative Labs driver, an updated WDM driver 5.1.2601.0 was available for installation. Out of frustration I installed the driver and loandbehold, DD/DTS passthrough works! Very nice. However, rather discouraging considering I thought I was thorough in installing all patches and updates. Turns out despite the best of intentions that's not the case.

Two days spent figuring out one little problem. Now, what's next?

:(

·
Registered
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by donebetter

Two days spent figuring out one little problem. Now, what's next?

:(
....another problem....and another.....and another.....Oh the things we do for our HTPC compulsion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.