AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have the Yamaha RX-V375 receiver with a PS4 hooked up to it.  For all other inputs I am able to select the Surround Decoder feature to utilize Dolby Pro Logic, Pro Logic II etc. but on the PS4 channel when I select this feature it will automatically set the audio to STRAIGHT and is totally unable to use Pro Logic.  Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what the cause is?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ps4 is always set to output multichannel, regardless of content. A receiver will always think the ps4 is outputting 7.1 even when playing back stereo content. Dolby pro logic only works on 2 channel sources so that is the cause.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone figured out a solution for this? It's driving me crazy, because I love using ProLogic II to upmix TV shows and music. There must be some way to force PS4 to output stereo?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I want to know this as well. I hate watching tv in stereo. did anyone ever figure out a solution?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Anyone using the ps4 have any solution?

Reactions: healthnut

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not sure on PS4, but on my Blu ray player I have to set the Output of the devise, in your case ps4 to Native or bitstream. Scroll through ps4 settings and see if you can find something like this

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Your receiver should report how many channels it is getting from the player.

Beyond that, it doesn't sound right. It's hard to imagine that PS4s only output multichannel when the source is stereo. There are active PS4 threads in the Blu-ray player forum. You'll likely find an answer for the correct output settings there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi cutthatcity, PS4 to Denon via HDMI ... when watching Netflix I can switch from 5.1 to English 2 channel and the receiver display stereo or I can select Dolby PLII.
Cool, how do you switch? And does it work on hulu? I already get 5.1 on netflix

1 - 13 of 13 Posts