AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use the software to decode 2 chanel sorce to 5 chanel using dolby prolofic ii than send to external receiver(which do not have dolby prologic ii decoder)? im only know that this can be done using 6 chanel analog conect with the receiver but my receiver did not have 6 chanel input. thank

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
It is possible, but usually you need 5.1 analog output from your HTPC and 5.1 inputs on your receiver. How do you propose to connect it?

The other option is a motherboard with Nvidia's nForce chipset. It can encode multiple channels to a DD 5.1 signal and send that out over a digital connection. Thats what I do, as my receiver does not have DPL II either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have nforce and dolby pro-logic 2 via powerdvd xp, i wondor if this will work if i put the inputs into my reciever?

i'll test it out sometime next week, let me know what you want me to try :D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Set your nForce's audio output to Dolby Digital and you should be good to go then. You have a digital audio out on your motherboard or a riser card?

·
Registered
20 Posts
its sp-dif

·
Registered
20 Posts
but when im in power dvd i dont get any choice of selecting any output type, i only get this when i select 6 channel :/

·
Registered
20 Posts
update, it works from a mp3 on nforce :) using analog input, i need a pro-logic source but i have no dvd-rom drive to test out my dvd's :/ but i really wanna use it for real time tv watching in pro-logic 2...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.