AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ATI tech support was useless in helping me with my new Radeon HD 5770not playing Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD formats with my Yamaha RX-V1065 AVR. Thankfully you guys are here and maybe someone can help.


My Equipment/Software/Drivers


Dell XPS Desktop 8100

Windows 7 64-Bit

Radeon HD 5770 with Catalyst 10.7 drivers for Window 7 64-bit

Cyberlink PowerDVD 10

Yamaha RX-V1065 AVR with latest firware update


Issue:


No Dolbly TrueHD and/or DTS-HD signal being output to AVR.

PowerDVD 10 audio output option menu does not show necessary HDMI ouput option of "Non-decoded high-definition audio to external device".

ATI says this is issue can be resolved with the proper EDID and they do not support.


Please advise and thank you for this website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Yes uninstall Realtek drivers first (i'd advise you to use RevoUninstaller)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,619 Posts
Go to manage audio devices under the control panel and select properties for the ATI HDMI device. Select supported formats and see if TrueHD and DTS-HD are listed under the 'Encoded Formats' section. If they are, you don't have an EDID issue.


What could be your problem is that PowerDVD 10 will not offer the "non-decoded HD audio" option unless you have a bluray disc inserted. Let the disc load in PowerDVD and then go to the audio options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte /forum/post/0


Go to manage audio devices under the control panel and select properties for the ATI HDMI device. Select supported formats and see if TrueHD and DTS-HD are listed under the 'Encoded Formats' section. If they are, you don't have an EDID issue.


What could be your problem is that PowerDVD 10 will not offer the "non-decoded HD audio" option unless you have a bluray disc inserted. Let the disc load in PowerDVD and then go to the audio options.

Thank you so much. I'm really glad and at the same time really pissed it was such and easy solution. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
so i m using the same 5770 sapphire version but i dont see the dts tru hd and dolby hd option listed.. is that enabled only when I install powedvd or put in a bluray disk? I dont have either ...

my setup

i5 750

ga-p55a-ud3

4gb xms3 ram

sapphire radeon 5770
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock_121 /forum/post/19017915


so i m using the same 5770 sapphire version but i dont see the dts tru hd and dolby hd option listed.. is that enabled only when I install powedvd or put in a bluray disk? I dont have either ...

my setup

i5 750

ga-p55a-ud3

4gb xms3 ram

sapphire radeon 5770

I assume you're talking about supported formats under the ATI HDMI audio device properties?


If you aren't seeing HD codecs, then it's because the EDID from the HDMI connection is saying it doesn't support them. What receiver are you connecting to and what version of catalyst do you have installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte /forum/post/19017994


I assume you're talking about supported formats under the ATI HDMI audio device properties?


If you aren't seeing HD codecs, then it's because the EDID from the HDMI connection is saying it doesn't support them. What receiver are you connecting to and what version of catalyst do you have installed?

Yes thats what I am looking at.


I m using SR 608 but right now its not connected to the pc.

2010.0406.2133.36843

Just installed it today
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte /forum/post/19018155


You won't see them as supported formats until you connect to your Onkyo.

cool i might do that in a cpl of days after the entire set up is done.. i ll get back then..thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Hi I have the same Onkyo SR608. HDMI reports all the HD audio formats supported, PowerDVD 9 has the non-decode option available along with the PCM decode. When I send PCM, reciever shows PCM. When I send non-decode or DTS-HD, reciever only shows DTS. Sound still is seriously amazing (upgraded from a low end Yamaha, and WOW what a difference). I wonder if the Onkyo is actually decode but just not reporting correctly? Could anyone help with this?


Edit: Forgot to mention I am using Radeon 5750, not 5770. Though I'm seriously thinking of getting the 5770.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilpaxim /forum/post/19028964


Hi I have the same Onkyo SR608. HDMI reports all the HD audio formats supported, PowerDVD 9 has the non-decode option available along with the PCM decode.

PowerDVD should have 3 audio options, not 2. I forget their names, but it would be along the lines of 1) PCM 2) Non-decode and 3) Non-decode HD audio.


You'll only see the 3rd option after you insert a bluray disc and let it load.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
ah dang it! I only have the two, even after loading a bluray. GRRRR!!!


Anyway that I can get this fixed? Wait, does the non-HD one only come up with TrueHD discs? Because I don't think I've tried any of those yet. Only DTS-HD, the non-decode one mentions DTS specifically.


Now I want to go home so I can play with my settings more and report back here for help!! Stupid work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,619 Posts
Well I use PowerDVD 10, so it is possible Power DVD 9 only has 2 options. Naming them exactly as displayed would give me an idea of if you are missing a 3rd one for HD audio. Have you downloaded the latest PowerDVD 9 update, as HD bitstream was added later under an update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Went to the website and it says latest update is from February, so I'm guessing that I do have it. I think I have it set to auto download. When I click the upgrade arrow in the program, there is nothing there, and I even let it sit for a sec just to make sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Do you have the latest Ati drivers, 10.4 and up, with the included Ati HDMI audio driver, installed? You need those for bitstreaming to work, versions below 10.4 have issues with bitstreaming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilpaxim /forum/post/19030135


I tried both the newest ATI drivers and also the Realtek ones. At the moment have the Realtek ones installed.

Uninstall the realtek and use a driver cleaner sweeper. You should use the HDMI audio driver from Catalyst 10.7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
ok, used driver sweeper to remove all ati video and audio drivers, all realtek drivers, then rebooted, and turned off the onboard audio. went back into win7, installed only the ati catalyst 10.7 (or latest as of two days ago, whichever it is). rebooted, audio works for regular stuff, even has all the audio formats listed in the device page. But when I try to run PowerDVD 9, it crashes when I try to click on the audio tab. If I put in a bluray, it also crashes automatically. So do I have to install the realtek regular drivers ALSO?


edit:

wait, just noticed that the HDMI driver says realtek on it. How do I get rid of it if the driver sweeper didn't uninstall it????
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top