AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Same goes for DTS HD MA ?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
13,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedicatedHT /forum/post/0


what is the standard for blue ray, dolby or dts HD?

The Blu-ray specification makes both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA optional. Some studios like Warner (and now Sony) use TrueHD, while others like FOX use DTS-HD MA.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
17,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedicatedHT /forum/post/0


excellent, thank you all for your help

i promise this started as a reciever q, but are there bd players out yet with both truehd and dtshd decoding?

The Panasonic does DTSHD but not DTS MAster Audio. Haven't heard a thing about any players coming down the line that do DTS Master. Anyone else heard anything?


S~
 

· Read the FAQ!
Joined
·
37,689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedicatedHT /forum/post/0


excellent, thank you all for your help

i promise this started as a reciever q, but are there bd players out yet with both truehd and dtshd decoding?

There are no products of ANY type shipping today with DTS-HD MA decoders.


Odds are, DTS-HD MA decoders will first appear in AVRs -- starting this summer. They will then start appearing in players, probably within just a few months.

--Bob
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau /forum/post/0


There are no products of ANY type shipping today with DTS-HD MA decoders.


Odds are, DTS-HD MA decoders will first appear in AVRs -- starting this summer. They will then start appearing in players, probably within just a few months.

--Bob


Be advised that DTS has but been refining the DTS Master Audio technical specifications, 1st they go to the silicon DSP providers.. Then sent back for certification, once certified they are released to the brands..

They are due to be released by June..

1st shipments of products should be in August/September window..
 

· Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx /forum/post/0


No, your 1600 can receive the decoded trueHD by the player as PCM over HDMI and play it back perfectly .

My question then, is when using my V2700, how should I set the PS3 for sound over HDMI? Bitstream or LPCM?


And has anyone tried watching a Blu-Ray disk on a V2700, and could compare the "straight" mode vs the "pure" mode?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks, so wait until fall '07 and we *might* see a player with both decoders.


would it be wrong to correlate to dvd's, how most are DD with a few good DTS, that BDs will be mostly trueHD with a few DTS HD MA?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau /forum/post/0


There are no products of ANY type shipping today with DTS-HD MA decoders.


Odds are, DTS-HD MA decoders will first appear in AVRs -- starting this summer. They will then start appearing in players, probably within just a few months.

--Bob

So once the players have the dolby TruHD (7.1 ?)and/or DTS MA, there would be no need for a HDMI 1.3 AVR only the 1.1 version since it would be passed thru the 1.1, right?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy /forum/post/0


So once the players have the dolby TruHD (7.1 ?)and/or DTS MA, there would be no need for a HDMI 1.3 AVR only the 1.1 version since it would be passed thru the 1.1, right?

BUMP

My local guy told me today that when the new players are out they will only send out via hdmi 1.3 so i would have to replace my v1600. IS THIS TRUE????
 

· Registered
Joined
·
11,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanzy /forum/post/0


So once the players have the dolby TruHD (7.1 ?)and/or DTS MA, there would be no need for a HDMI 1.3 AVR only the 1.1 version since it would be passed thru the 1.1, right?

As long as the source equipment can do the audio decoding for you, you only need a receiver with HDMI 1.1 or Multi-Channel analog inputs. The problem becomes that not all HD-DVD and Blu-Ray devices will decode Dolby Digital HD and DTS-Master.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedicatedHT /forum/post/0


BUMP

My local guy told me today that when the new players are out they will only send out via hdmi 1.3 so i would have to replace my v1600. IS THIS TRUE????

He's silly. They may send it via 1.3, but you only need 1.1 to receive LPCM.

Quote:
As long as the source equipment can do the audio decoding for you, you only need a receiver with HDMI 1.1 or Multi-Channel analog inputs. The problem becomes that not all HD-DVD and Blu-Ray devices will decode Dolby Digital HD and DTS-Master.

All dedicated HD DVD players (not sure about BD/game consoles) will deliver decoded 5.1 Dolby TrueHD as LPCM. DTS Master is taking a long time, and there's no way to send a bitstream from any player right now so decoding in the player is the only way to hear lossless audio from HD.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top