AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some more help...

I just got an Onkyo 805 to go with my Panasonic DMP-BD30k blu-ray player. Set everything up, checked all of my connections, everything looks solid. I'm watching The Fifth Element on blu-ray, but I can't seem to get the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack to come up on the Onkyo display. The Panasonic has all of it's audio selections set to bitstream and the audio is going over HDMI, no optical or coax connections have been made. The movie audio is set to Dolby True HD. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is the BD30 updated with the 1.3 version the firmware from Panasonic's website?

Did you set the 805 menu 7.5 (Hardware Setup - HDMI) so that HDMI Audio Out = No (NO is the correct setting).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the reply. I updated the firmware, so I'm good there. I did a little more digging and found one person who said they reset the player back to factory defaults. I did this, reset all of the audio to bitstream, double checked that secondary audio was off and lo and behold it worked... The 805, at least on day one sounds pretty amazing compared to my old Onkyo 503...tomorrow I install the biscuit fans to keep this puppy cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just Got My 805. I Also Have Th Panasonic Dmp-bd30. I Can't Get The Dolby Tru Hd Soundtrack To Come Up As Well. I Am Watching "we Are Marshall" On Blu Ray. I Tried The Reset And Everything Is Connect With Hdi. How Do I Know If My Firmware Is Updated? If Not How Do I Update It.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Checked My Firmware And I Updated It To 1.8. Still No True Hd On My Onkyo 805. All Settings Are To Bitstream On My Bd-30

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAH13 /forum/post/14121339

I Checked My Firmware And I Updated It To 1.8. Still No True Hd On My Onkyo 805. All Settings Are To Bitstream On My Bd-30

As has been mentioned, the two quickest things to check are:

On the receiver, HDMI audio out to off.

On the the player, secondary audio to off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DID THAT. THEY ARE BOTH SET TO OFF. I WAS READING SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE WEB THAT WITH A BD-30 THE ONKYO 85 WILL NOT DISPLAY THE "TRUE HD " LOGO ON THE UNIT. I HAVE TRIED BOTH WE ARE MARSHALL AND NATIONAL TREASURE 2. IS THIS WRONG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 /forum/post/14122253

As has been mentioned, the two quickest things to check are:

On the receiver, HDMI audio out to off.

On the the player, secondary audio to off.

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
I have the 805 and the BD30 as well with no issues showing TrueHD or DTS-MA. Are you selecting the TrueHD audio track in the discs setup menu? Do you have the listening mode for TueHD and DTS-MA selected as the default mode in the menu in section 5 for the BD30 input? I am not sure this matters but it is good to have them selected as the default mode.

I see the OP says that he did select the TrueHD audio track but sometimes I have found I have to go back and select the HD audio track again because I did not select the HD track correctly. I was having no problems with TrueHD or DTS-MA in the first FW I had with the BD30 (1.1 IIRC). I would think it is just one setting that is not set correctly that is causing the problem.

Bill

·
Registered
213 Posts
you guys rock, thank you. I was killing myself trying to figure this out. I have a 605 so it helped me anyway. And might I say, DTS-MA on I,Robot gives me chills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts