AVS Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 2444 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am trying to work on a Generic China made Projector (AUN Akey6s)
I need a help here!

I have been using (on recommended setting by Admin)
Xbox X> Integral 2> Yamaha 5600> Sony LED 2015 model (working great for last one year)

With same configuration I attempted
Amazon FireStick 4K > Integral 2> Generic Projector> Audio to --->Yamaha 5600

Result is very bad,
Only 8 bit DV,
Sound is breaking on Yamaha,
Colour reproduction is bad heavy red tint.
4K upscaling is great

In order to work on generic projector what setting or file is recommended ? Any Help please?
Thank you

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I am trying to work on a Generic China made Projector (AUN Akey6s)
I need a help here!

I have been using (on recommended setting by Admin)
Xbox X> Integral 2> Yamaha 5600> Sony LED 2015 model (working great for last one year)

With same configuration I attempted
Amazon FireStick 4K > Integral 2> Generic Projector> Audio to --->Yamaha 5600

Result is very bad,
Only 8 bit DV,
Sound is breaking on Yamaha,
Colour reproduction is bad heavy red tint.
4K upscaling is great

In order to work on generic projector what setting or file is recommended ? Any Help please?
Thank you
Why don't you just put YAM5600 at TX1 output and PJ at TX0 output
See last news article on HDfury.com , there is link to MARK BT2020 EDID, this is the EDID you need to load to avoid RED TINT.

And when you report issue, export config and post it as attachment as per usermanual p43, then you will get better answer without having to write a lot or talk a lot.

Reactions: DevKumar

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Thanks.
When using this hack do you play all your content at 60hz or just match frame rate?
I always have Match Frame Rate turned ON. Even though that results in a 10 second black screen on my JVC projector while the resolution change takes affect.

Reactions: FonzieFonzie

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Sorry to bother again but can you please post a link to the custom curve you use for your settings as well as the custom colour profile?
Thanks agaian
I would not feel comfortable sharing the custom curve I created using the Arve tool.

I would recommend either Jav's or Dominc's curves that they have shared.

I am currently using Mann's custom DCI-P3 color profile for JVC projectors in my JVC RS500 in combination with the Dolby Vision data block with DCI-P3 Primaries. When I have some time I will experiment using BT2020 Primaries in the data block and the JVC BT2020 color profile to compare.

Link to Manni's custom JVC color profiles download from the 2015 JVC Calibration thread:

Reactions: IMDave

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would not feel comfortable sharing the custom curve I created using the Arve tool.

I would recommend either Jav's or Dominc's curves that they have shared.

I am currently using Mann's custom DCI-P3 color profile for JVC projectors in my JVC RS500 in combination with the Dolby Vision data block with DCI-P3 Primaries. When I have some time I will experiment using BT2020 Primaries in the data block and the JVC BT2020 color profile to compare.

Link to Manni's custom JVC color profiles download from the 2015 JVC Calibration thread:

No problem. Thank you once again and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Send Custom HDR when input is LLDV.

You didn't mention the Epson model but I assume it does not do any kind of tone mapping based on HDR metadata values; Max Luminance and MaxCLL. So it doesn't matter what values you set for custom HDR. The HDR10 metadata is only used to get the projector to switch to its HDR10 picture mode.

For Dolby Vision data block string, when you changed the Primaries to BT2020, the RGB field values auto-changed from DCI-P3 values to BT2020 values. You shouldn't need to change them further. You can experiment with the Max Luminance value if you like.
As "normal" HDR mapping is relatively good in Epson (i'm using 9400, 6050 in states I presume), there is no point in forcing LLDV for HDR10?

I'm not sure if it is my settings, but last night I watched few episodes HD SDR TV series on AppleTV. I figured I try LLDV conversion for that as well. Everything went smoothly, but I noticed that with dark scenes blackest areas and only those sometimes blinked. Not sure if this was caused by forcing dynamic tone mapping to SDR or because of subtitles messing with AppleTV.. any ideas on this one?

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
As "normal" HDR mapping is relatively good in Epson (i'm using 9400, 6050 in states I presume), there is no point in forcing LLDV for HDR10?

I'm not sure if it is my settings, but last night I watched few episodes HD SDR TV series on AppleTV. I figured I try LLDV conversion for that as well. Everything went smoothly, but I noticed that with dark scenes blackest areas and only those sometimes blinked. Not sure if this was caused by forcing dynamic tone mapping to SDR or because of subtitles messing with AppleTV.. any ideas on this one?
None. I don't usually have my ATV4K convert SDR to LLDV but I have sometimes for high quality SDR. I have never noticed any blinking. And I use subtitles a lot for non-English language series on Netflix and Amazon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why don't you just put YAM5600 at TX1 output and PJ at TX0 output
See last news article on HDfury.com , there is link to MARK BT2020 EDID, this is the EDID you need to load to avoid RED TINT.

And when you report issue, export config and post it as attachment as per usermanual p43, then you will get better answer without having to write a lot or talk a lot.
I downloaded Mark's BT2020 and imported into GUI, But I dont see this file is reflecting anywhere in EDID drop down list of port 0 and port 1.

There is some change for audio placement, I am not connecting Yamaha for now, and using a bluetooth speaker for projector as I have to use projector for other room. Yamaha is fixed in living room can't move. Hope this works?
Sharing SS for your review,

Attachments

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I downloaded Mark's BT2020 and imported into GUI, But I dont see this file is reflecting anywhere in EDID drop down list of port 0 and port 1.

There is some change for audio placement, I am not connecting Yamaha for now, and using a bluetooth speaker for projector as I have to use projector for other room. Yamaha is fixed in living room can't move. Hope this works?
Sharing SS for your review,
If custom EDID for TX0 is set to 4 and you upload custom EDID, then that custom edid is stored in slot number 4 as simple as that, name won't change when you upload an edid, so just remember in which slot number you put it in.

Any questions not related to LLDV>HDR, use the Integral2 device thread.

Also note that your chinese PJ is either not UHD enabled/4K enhanced set or what ever they call this OR it does not support more than 4K60 420 8b:
MStar Demo EDID: 4K60 420 8b

If that is the real limitation of the PJ and not a settngs, then avoid sending LLDV60 to it, otherwise it's normal that results are bad, use 4K24 and results will be good.

And please try to read a bit more, that's very basic stuff covered many times in thread history. i can get answer to this by using search features in less time than it took me to answer, so make some efforts first please.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I may be missing something but my ATV4K is no longer showing a LLDV output selection option and I can't figue out what has happend. A firmware update?

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
I may be missing something but my ATV4K is no longer showing a LLDV output selection option and I can't figue out what has happend. A firmware update?
The ATV4K does not have an LLDV option. It will output LLDV as long as your HDfury device is configured with an LLDV EDID. Verify that first.

Reactions: nathan_h and HDfury

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hi Claw,

Do u mind to tell me which page is ‘Match Frame Rate’ in my Vertex 2 ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Claw,

Do u mind to tell me which page is ‘Match Frame Rate’ in my Vertex 2 ? Thanks
The Apple TV 4K has a Match Frame Rate option. Not the HDfury devices.

Reactions: HDfury

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Noted with thanks 🙏🏻

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is probably a silly question but figured I’d asked. I have a Q80r, if i were to buy a HD Fury Diva, is it as simple as plug and play to my Apple TV to get Dolby Vision?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
This is probably a silly question but figured I’d asked. I have a Q80r, if i were to buy a HD Fury Diva, is it as simple as plug and play to my Apple TV to get Dolby Vision?

Thanks in advance

All you need for LLDV>HDR10 is:

1) Custom EDID 5 (DCI P3) or Custom EDID 10 (BT2020) or AUTOMIX with Custom DV string checked
2) HDR page > check "use custom HDR when input is LLDV"

Nothing else needed.

Reactions: yourmando

·
Registered
12 Posts
All you need for LLDV>HDR10 is:

1) Custom EDID 5 (DCI P3) or Custom EDID 10 (BT2020) or AUTOMIX with Custom DV string checked
2) HDR page > check "use custom HDR when input is LLDV"

Nothing else needed.
Thank you so much for the reply....just to confirm what you mentioned above are settings that I can just use on the Diva?

Also is there a difference if i purchase directly from your website or Amazon?

2381 - 2400 of 2444 Posts