AVS Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 2384 Posts

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I cannot see any difference between LLDV -> HDR10 and HDR10 -> HDR10.

My test platform and method

1. Phantom M9702 * -> INTEGRA DRC-R1.1 (HDMI MAIN out) -> HDFURY vertex2 (SONY A1 LLDV EDID) -> JVC X590R HDMI1 (Dominic's A1 custom color profile for JVC)

2. Phantom M9702 * -> INTEGRA DRC-R1.1 (HDMI SUB out) -> JVC X590R HDMI2 (default HDR color profile)

DV video "playback" or "pause" screen, switches between 1. (Integra main + JVC HDMI1) (LLDV to HDR10) and 2. (Integra sub + JVC HDMI2) (HDR10 to HDR10) Compare the two sets of images, I can't see any difference.

* Phantom M9702, HDR auto / Dolby Vision player led, OPPO 203 like product

* DV videos use BDMV rip of DV UHD BD or DV Demo clips from internet

* Also uses Apple TV 4K to play Apple TV plus's or Netflix's Dolby Vision streaming
Hi, I have Xbox One X and I tried it with my Integral2,

Integral2> EDID Sony A1LLD>(Top drop down menu) BT2020> Display is Sony 4K HDR 2015 model.

Seriously I did not notice much difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision.
Or maybe I am doing something wrong or my Old Model of HDR has not that soul to produce DV magic.
If you guys don't post your config export when you are trying, we cannot verify you have the right settings and the right content format passing thru.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you guys don't post your config export when you are trying, we cannot verify you have the right settings and the right content format passing thru.
My bad,
here is screen shot I just took now,

One more thing I noticed here, Red tint is too much increased and I am adjusting in TV's setting.
But still I don't see a huge difference from HDR10 to DV. maybe it depends from TV to TV model.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
My bad,
here is screen shot I just took now,

One more thing I noticed here, Red tint is too much increased and I am adjusting in TV's setting.
But still I don't see a huge difference from HDR10 to DV. maybe it depends from TV to TV model.
Config export is as per usermanual p43 on Vertex1/Integral2

Red tint has been covered in previous pages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Config export is as per usermanual p43 on Vertex1/Integral2

Red tint has been covered in previous pages.
Hi, I just uploaded text file I exported, ( but it shows broken file from thumbnail)

Now I started noticed a pretty difference on Netflix "The I-Land"show, which has plenty of elements to check. yes DV is greatly working, more depth to scene and colors are improved a lot.

Challenge-
EDID is now set on custom use GUI, when every time I start my xbox one my DV is not shown at start on Netflix show, what I do is I switch EDID to auto and then switch back to custom GUI, somewhat doing this works for me.

No default page of Xbox One X is always on HDR more which brighten every thing every thumbnail even accessing youtube is also HDR. earlier in Auto mode HDR would get activated when content is played. now everything is freez to HDR.

Any help would appreciate

Attachments

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Hi, I just uploaded text file I exported, ( but it shows broken file from thumbnail)

Now I started noticed a pretty difference on Netflix "The I-Land"show, which has plenty of elements to check. yes DV is greatly working, more depth to scene and colors are improved a lot.

Challenge-
EDID is now set on custom use GUI, when every time I start my xbox one my DV is not shown at start on Netflix show, what I do is I switch EDID to auto and then switch back to custom GUI, somewhat doing this works for me.

No default page of Xbox One X is always on HDR more which brighten every thing every thumbnail even accessing youtube is also HDR. earlier in Auto mode HDR would get activated when content is played. now everything is freez to HDR.

Any help would appreciate
Config file is ok.

Not sure about your xbox startup issue, seems Xbox / Netflix related, otherwise we would have heard of it, settings with custom EDID5 is exactly like having Xbox > Sony A1 TV connected. A1 user would have issue too. > i believe this is setting related.
IF you turn HDR injection ON when playing LLDV then you must STOP IT after you stop playing LLDV content, otherwise TV stays in HDR mode, that's normal.
Only Vertex2/Diva and Maestro can do that automatically.

For your information, you have not enabled UHD COLOR on your TV input where TOP OUTPUT is connected to, it is limited like any input on any TV out of the box to avoid cable issue. > SONY TV *02 EDID: 4K60 420 8b.
You should also update MCU. See PM.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you prefer brighter DV, the easiest way is to select a lower Max Luminance in the custom DV string, such as 500 nits (default is 1000 nits).

Alternatively, you can just try the 60 nits curves instead of the 85 nits curves. 0.002 and 0.005 corresponds to the black level; the latter provides more boost in the low end. They are already available in .jgd format.

The .conf file can be loaded using Arve's Tool.
Dominic,

On your color profile: LLDV_A1F I know there are some adjustments. Is this the BT2020 profile with your corrections?

If I wanted to calibrate, do I calibrate as Bt2020 and put the corrections back in after calibration.

By the way, I think the DTM DV is awesome. I can run on low lamp for most programs On my ATV with awesome results. Thanks for working on this. It is truly a big improvement and no switching.

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha - I nearly asked if you had the Shield Pro but thought, nah, he must have :)

1. You need to tell the Panny that it's receiving HDR, so yes, tick "Use custom HDR for TX0 and TX1 when input is LLDV" and set:

EOTF - SMPTE ST 2084
Primaries - ITU-R BT 2020-2
WP - D65
Max Luminance - 1000
Min Luminance - 0.001
MaxCLL - 1000
MaxFALL - 400 (this is not specified in the Dolby VSVD block, so 400 seems fair)

in the Custom HDR Metadata Creator.

2. Do you mean the original Vertex? If so, yes, they are compatible.
Up, running and looking great! Thanks!

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Dominic,

On your color profile: LLDV_A1F I know there are some adjustments. Is this the BT2020 profile with your corrections?

If I wanted to calibrate, do I calibrate as Bt2020 and put the corrections back in after calibration.

By the way, I think the DTM DV is awesome. I can run on low lamp for most programs On my ATV with awesome results. Thanks for working on this. It is truly a big improvement and no switching.

Rob
The LLDV_A1F profile was based on the Sony A1, but is very close to DCI-P3, and also similar to the JVC projectors without the filter.

You can use Mark's BT.2020 DV String with the standard JVC HDR or BT.2020 colour profiles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Config file is ok.

Not sure about your xbox startup issue, seems Xbox / Netflix related, otherwise we would have heard of it, settings with custom EDID5 is exactly like having Xbox > Sony A1 TV connected. A1 user would have issue too. > i believe this is setting related.
IF you turn HDR injection ON when playing LLDV then you must STOP IT after you stop playing LLDV content, otherwise TV stays in HDR mode, that's normal.
Only Vertex2/Diva and Maestro can do that automatically.

For your information, you have not enabled UHD COLOR on your TV input where TOP OUTPUT is connected to, it is limited like any input on any TV out of the box to avoid cable issue. > SONY TV *02 EDID: 4K60 420 8b.
You should also update MCU. See PM.
Hi Thanks a ton for your help :)
First I updated MCU and then followed below procedures.
I have attached few more screen shot for your review, Hope this time I have rectified.
UHD color enabled under Auto Scale>all three tabs in a horizontal row set to 4K60 40 8b (Correct?)

Also, is there any best configured setting/file available which I can upload into my Integral2? since I am newbie I struggled a lot to understand this :(

Thanks again for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Hi Thanks a ton for your help :)
First I updated MCU and then followed below procedures.
I have attached few more screen shot for your review, Hope this time I have rectified.
UHD color enabled under Auto Scale>all three tabs in a horizontal row set to 4K60 40 8b (Correct?)

Also, is there any best configured setting/file available which I can upload into my Integral2? since I am newbie I struggled a lot to understand this :(

Thanks again for your help
UHD color enable/disable is a TV SETTING. nothing to do with our device. so revert the change you have done under autoscaling back to default autosense preset, and change that setting on your TV input setting.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey guys,
Trying to set this up on an Integral 2. I don’t see the DVLL option in the JVC macro section as I’ve seen on vertex screenshots, and setting the Sony EDID doesn’t make DV appear as an option in Apple TV settings. What am I missing?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey guys,
Trying to set this up on an Integral 2. I don’t see the DVLL option in the JVC macro section as I’ve seen on vertex screenshots, and setting the Sony EDID doesn’t make DV appear as an option in Apple TV settings. What am I missing?

The LLDV macro option was only introduced on the vertex 2 and higher I think. Something about memory limitations? Maybe wait for @HD Fury to confirm but I am not sure about integral 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
can someone recommend what color profile to use? I have the RS600, linker and oppo 203. I plan to use this setup for DV blu rays.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The LLDV macro option was only introduced on the vertex 2 and higher I think. Something about memory limitations? Maybe wait for @HD Fury to confirm but I am not sure about integral 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah. Is there not a way to use integral 2 to implement some version of this hack? The initial post listed that it should work with Vertex “and similar” boxes.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Ah. Is there not a way to use integral 2 to implement some version of this hack? The initial post listed that it should work with Vertex “and similar” boxes.
The only role the macro plays is to automate the selection of the picture mode you set up for LLDV. To “implement” LLDV all you need to do is load a custom EDID and select it manually.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The only role the macro plays is to automate the selection of the picture mode you set up for LLDV. To “implement” LLDV all you need to do is load a custom EDID and select it manually.
Huh. Not sure what I’m missing then. I loaded the EDID referenced in the instructions and DV didn’t appear as an option in Apple TV settings.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Huh. Not sure what I’m missing then. I loaded the EDID referenced in the instructions and DV didn’t appear as an option in Apple TV settings.
Presumably you're using the custom EDID for PORT 0?

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
1741 - 1760 of 2384 Posts