AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Maybe it's got something to do with AVS being a reseller of AV gear?
Posting links or referances to another shop isn't helpful to their sales. Anyway, as there is a sticky telling us not to do it, then I figure it makes sense not to, unless you fancy a ban...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pretty simple the way I see it... Since the forum is run by a company that also sells equipment, and Costco is not a sponsor, they don't want them discussed.

The rules on this forum are quite open & discussions are very good, so I really wouldn't sweat it. If you have a discussion item on one of the PJs that Costco sells, just ask the question about the projector, not the seller.

·
Banned
3,453 Posts
Way back when "the store that must not be named" had a crazy good return policy, and a nice selection of projectors along with televisions. People would buy from them at reduced prices, keep the item until technology moved forward, and return the item for a full refund! They could then repeat the process, always having the latest and greatest for no additional cost. This was obviously unfair to AVS, which is, after all, a store themselves. I don't blame them for starting a zero tolerance policy, but "that store" has since changed their return policy, and is no longer that big of a deal, IMO!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy /forum/post/19577885

Way back when "the store that must not be named" had a crazy good return policy, and a nice selection of projectors along with televisions. People would buy from them at reduced prices, keep the item until technology moved forward, and return the item for a full refund! They could then repeat the process, always having the latest and greatest for no additional cost. This was obviously unfair to AVS, which is, after all, a store themselves. I don't blame them for starting a zero tolerance policy, but "that store" has since changed their return policy, and is no longer that big of a deal, IMO!

Ah, I see. Yes, I don't blame them. Thanks for the explanation.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,841 Posts
Your thread is kinda like touching a Hot Burner after Momma said "don't touch that or you'll get burned.

Not wise.

For whatever reason the mandated Zero Tolerance exists....no reason need be given. The Forum Owners make the rules, we are "guests by privilege" whose membership rights can be revoked for whatever reason deemed proper by the Owners.

You could PM the Forum Mod, or Alan himself for the answer if it's really important to you...but trying to elicit a discussion on what is clearly a forbidden subject?

Not wise.

Last minute Edit:

Seems you have your answer via FloridaPoolBoy

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Hey guys...closing the thread but not pulling (or banning). The Costco stuff got out of hand for a while. No the reason doesn't have anything specifically to do with the fact that we sell gear. Quite frankly most the stuff we sell, Costco can't, and most the stuff they sell we just don't bother with. Not really competition. Of course we are always grateful for business thrown our way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.