AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See my chat session from today, can anyone advise wear to find a Pro8100 for 1299 or less?

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

You have been connected to Jairo J.

Jairo J: Thank you for contacting TigerDirect.com. How may I assist you?

ryan: hi i ordered a projector today and when i ordered it, it said ships in 1 business day, now the order shows backordered

Jairo J: Sorry to hear that Sir, Can I have the order number please?

ryan: order number #####

Jairo J: That is correct Sir, the item is on backorder. I do apologize. I can go ahead and cancel this order for you. We should be receiving a new shipment by the end of next week.

ryan: your prodcut page still shows 3-5 days even now

ryan: and you had 10 of them on ebay this morning

Jairo J: They are all sold out by now Sir. We might be expecting 10 units by the 7th but is for sure yet.

ryan: ok, i will try to find it in stock before i cancel then, thanks

Jairo J: If they are not here by the 7th, they won't arrive till the end of next week.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because they are selling items as being in stock when they are not in fact in stock. When I purchase something that says in stock and ships the same day and get a notice its going to be 2 weeks it pisses me off.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt /forum/post/16937571

Because they are selling items as being in stock when they are not in fact in stock. When I purchase something that says in stock and ships the same day and get a notice its going to be 2 weeks it pisses me off.

Its not there fault its not in stock, All there products are sold in order by order number, and there are billons of people online at the same time. I'm sure that someone was looking at the projector at the same time as you, except they just happen to click the charge/authorize button a second faster than you did. At least tiger direct was nice enough to offer you a refund. Don't blame them for ordering a second late. It happens all the time. You could have been nice and ask them to see if they would upgrade your shipping for free when it comes in stock.

I know if you were the person who ordered it a second faster than someone else you would feel it was fair, and unfair if the company took your order and said its out of stock, just to give it to the complainer that bought it a second later.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, just saying that you shouldn't blame them. They have limited stock of an item and billions are looking at it all at once. I've never had but good experiences from them, and will continue to purchase from them.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Items do run out of stock. They do have a lot of customers and it's entirely possible that the item was in stock when you put it in your cart but wasn't by the time you checked out. I wouldn't want to guess how many projectors they sell in a days time. Especially if it's the X10 deal your talking about.

The X9's are in an out of stock instantly. They get a load in and in the same day they run out, and that's not even a listed item on the site.

BTW, I have had exemplory service from TigerDirect. I don't know what more I could have asked for. They treated me far better than I or anyone deserved.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt /forum/post/16937691

You guys are missing the point that it still says it is in stock at this very moment.

Actually i see Usually ships within 3 - 5 Days. You should clear your cache. I bet thats why you see in stock, your computer is causing your web page to load from memory. Again not Tiger Directs Fault, but actually yours.

Get firefox and set it up to auto delete all web pages when you exit your browser, that way you never make a simple mistake like this and blame it on a company.

If it was in stock it would say "Order Today, Ships Today" like it does with the infocus X10. Why not get theX10?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=I427-2128

Dont believe me here is a photo

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After researching the pro8100 fit my needs better. The 3 to 5 window still doesnt fit if they dont even arrive until the end of next week like the agent said. You must just be nicer than me =) When I order stuff from large retailers and it says in stock,ships today I expect to. Which it did say that even after my order up til the point I left from work today. I never have this happen on Newegg or Amazon (over god knows how many orders), maybe I am spoiled by accurate websites.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt /forum/post/16937752

After researching the pro8100 fit my needs better. The 3 to 5 window still doesnt fit if they dont even arrive until the end of next week like the agent said. You must just be nicer than me =) When I order stuff from large retailers and it says in stock,ships today I expect to. Which it did say that even after my order up til the point I left from work today. I never have this happen on Newegg or Amazon (over god knows how many orders), maybe I am spoiled by accurate websites.

Anything is possible, im not blaming you or the consumer, i just see that there are lots of other factors. You also said that he said it'll arrive in 2 weeks, That actually seems about right. it says 3-5 days to ship which really means 3-5 days to get the item in stock. Then its shipped ups ground, which is always 7 days to get anything. So it'll take 1 week for ups to deliver it to your house, so they would do there job with shipping it withing 3-5 days. I say just wait it out, or cancel your order and try to reorder it with the bigger discount while you can. At lease get more cashback while while you can.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
IMO, you should delete this thread. A lot of people may just read the subject line, not click on the actual thread, make a judgement (human nature) decide to not buy from TD and it will lose business or they might spread the word to help the company lose even more business: "I read someone say don't buy PJs from Tiger Direct on this forum" leading someone else to avoid them thinking they'll get ripped off or something.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I got my X10 from Tiger Direct and had no problems. Great service and fast shipping. I read nothing here to change my mind.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson /forum/post/16937929

IMO, you should delete this thread.

+1

I'll run the risk of an item being out of stock, or backordered, for the prices and service I get from Tiger Direct. I've purchased 2 projectors (and lots of other items) from them at great prices. Their service is great, and shipping is fast.

This post make me think of Louis CK's "Everything's Amazing, Nobody's Happy" rant on Conan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETv3NURwLc

·
Registered
93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt /forum/post/16937419

See my chat session from today, can anyone advise wear to find a Pro8100 for 1299 or less?

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...

You have been connected to Jairo J.

Jairo J: Thank you for contacting TigerDirect.com. How may I assist you?

ryan: hi i ordered a projector today and when i ordered it, it said ships in 1 business day, now the order shows backordered

Jairo J: Sorry to hear that Sir, Can I have the order number please?

ryan: order number #####

Jairo J: That is correct Sir, the item is on backorder. I do apologize. I can go ahead and cancel this order for you. We should be receiving a new shipment by the end of next week.

ryan: your prodcut page still shows 3-5 days even now

ryan: and you had 10 of them on ebay this morning

Jairo J: They are all sold out by now Sir. We might be expecting 10 units by the 7th but is for sure yet.

ryan: ok, i will try to find it in stock before i cancel then, thanks

Jairo J: If they are not here by the 7th, they won't arrive till the end of next week.

jr.com seems to have it for $1,499.00 but I've had them price match a few products before, it might be worth a try. I don't know if it's in stock but you can call and ask.

http://www.jr.com/viewsonic/pe/VIW_PRO8100/

·
Registered
13 Posts
btw sometimes they say it's backordered but you still get it fast.. I ordered 2 netbooks during that crazy $199 aspire-one deal a few weeks ago. said it was backordered 30 days.. got it in 4 days from ordering!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The measure of a company is not usually in how well they handle things when everything goes according to plan - charging the advertised price, shipping the correct product in the correct quantities, delivering on time, etc -- those are all baseline qualifications for simply an average rating.

The real measure of a company is how they respond to exceptions - when there are problems do they take care of them or do they delay and equivocate? If you read around on the net, TD is well known for having some of the lousiest customer service in the business. Ordering with TD is a gamble - if they do ship you what you ordered and it isn't lost, defective or otherwise damaged, then you will be fine, just as you would be with any other merchant. But if something goes wrong with your order, expect headaches.

But in this case, TigerDirect didn't even get the basics right - they didn't fulfill their delivery promise. No amount of apologia can justify failure to get basic order fulfillment correct. Everybody else gets it right. If there really is an issue of items selling out so rapidly that they can't give you correct status when you place the order, then they need to buffer their inventory count so that it changes from "ships today" to "ships in 3-5 days" while they still have some units in inventory.

In my book, TigerDirect does not get the benefit of the doubt. About 6 years ago they gamed the rating site reseller-ratings - they had a terrible score, something like 1.5 out of 10 and had a couple of years worth of history to justify it. Then, over a period of 6 months, there appeared nearly 100x the volume of ratings than they had previously been receiving and they were nearly all universally positive. It was blatant astroturfing and yet entirely inline with TigerDirect's reputation of being just one step above the new york city "camera shops."

So not only do I think grendelrt's post about his personal experience is deserving of being kept around, but I also believe that his personal experience is completely inline with the experiences of many TigerDirect customers who have had hiccups of one sort or another with their orders.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts