Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alias the Sony VPL-HS1.

I saw it for the second time in a fair where it showed, once again, at least 7 dead pixels that I saw without even looking for them. I asked the Sony sales representative (actually Sony's importer): they don't exchange any Cineza with any amount of dead pixels!

"You should understand" he said, "for a so cheap price, you can not be angry with your purchase" :mad: !!!

Really, it seems as if Sony has invented a new form of QC: "bad" panels from the "higher" VPL-CSx series are recycled in the consumer targeted projector: "Madame Mimi doesn't care about dead pixels"!

The way for the upcoming NEC VT45 is open: it has vertical AND horizontal optical lens shift, it's smaller, lighter, and apparently also cheaper. The NEC importer told me it's better than the LT150 (...wait & see).

Carlos

·
Registered
197 Posts
Projector Central reviewed the NEC VT45 and said something to the effect of "The NEC LT150 is much better for video, so if you can afford the extra few hundred $$$, get the LT150 for home theater".

I'm paraphrasing but go to www.projectorcentral.com and click the VT45 link.

Anyways, the VT45 has far inferior contrast (300:1?), lower resolution (800x600), and would have a significantly noticeable screen door effect. Of course, the LT150 may have a rainbow effect for some people....but aside from that I would think it will have a much better picture.

The VT45 may be a very good business projector, though. So perhaps that is what he is talking about.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was simply suggesting to Cineza potential buyers to go for the NEC VT45 instead. Just comparing similar features and similar price.

But you're right, the LT150 seems to have a large consensus here to admit it is better (despite its lack of zoom). I will see if the NEC guy here accepts a side by side comparison of the LT150 vs VT45.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by car_rod
The NEC importer told me it's better than the LT150 (...wait & see).

Carlos
Some people will say anything...

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
In Norway the LT150 cost twice as much as the VT45. The VT45 is cheaper than the Cineza and has better features and flexibility. It's much better value than the Cineza! It's also is the new favorite budget projector of swedish HT-magazine "Hemmabio".

Hmm, maybe it's better value than the PIANO too.

TAH

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have you got the Piano in Norway yet? It has not been released yet here in Sweden. If so have you got the chance to see VT45/LT150 in the same room as the Piano? What is the price in Norway for the Piano?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Not that I know of, no.

I expect "Hemmabio" to review it when it arrives in scandinavia. I'm looking forward to reading that review.

I don't know the price but I expect it to be around 30.000 Nkr

The VT45 looks like good value at 21.000 Nkr, though. :)

TAH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.