AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of these cards and I have to tell you output from the tv tuner is not great I have tried this on several different pc's with several different OS's ( windows 98se, windows ME, Windows 2K ) I always get a vertical purple line on the right side of the screen, and two or three lines of garbage on the bottom.

I bought this card because of the reviews they said it was a solid good working card with a remote... Oh brother.. the external tuner pod thing is a pain in the A** the winDVD software works ok but the WinDVR software is un-useable. Does not record anything that is programed. It will only record when you press the record button. the EPG does not work.. and picture quality is poor compared to my cheapo I/O magic pvr card and powervcr software..

The only good thing I have to say abou this card is that the remote works pretty good. AND it lets you control the dvd player and sound

Cards I have tried so far are

Several ATI cards AIW-128-pro, AIW-TV

Old Hauppauge tv cards

I/O magic PVR

I was hoping to use this card to make my HTPC into a more versatile Tivo replacement... I guess I will have to try the Video Blaster VCR board next..

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recently purchased one of the Visiontek Xtasy G4 Ti 4600 cards. It would not work with a HiPix installed no matter what I did. I tried every slot for the HiPix and there were no IRQ conflicts. What happens is the driver goes into Nvidia DualView mode and will not initialize properly.

As soon as I put a PNY Geforce 3 card in everything worked fine (with the exact same driver).

I plan to try a Geforce 4 from another vendor - hopefully this problem and you TV In/Out issues are strictly with the Visiontek card.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, I bought a one of these VisionTek "Everything" cards, and it was a piece of junk. I returned

it the same day.

The darn thing would not work well with a TV and monitor plugged in at the same time. It kept

resizing the TV or monitor pictures to some random size after every reboot.

I agree, the remote was cool. However, you can get this same functionality and MUCH more using

WinLirc & Girder.

I bought the creative labs card and I like it. I do not create VCDs or do any other

type of video processing with the files. I just watch'em.

So far, I only have a handful of complaints:

1. Fast action sports, where the TV camera moves quickly from left to right, do not

look too good. There is some motion blur introduced by the MPEG2 compression.

2. I cannot record at 704x480 resolution, nor 44Khz audio.

3. Creative Labs will not release an API to the card and no Linux support (no drivers).

4. I cannot program name of recording through the remote control.

Other than those annoyances, the card works as advertised. I have tried it on Win98, ME,

2000 and XP. It works ok on all of them, no differences.

Hobbieman.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.