AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You sickos here have gotten to me.
I have an AV123 setup on order that should be here shortly (x-cs, x-ls and x-sub). I also have a big (3500 cu ft) room. Even though I have 1) never had a real sub (using HTIB sub now) and 2) haven't even heard my x-series, I'm thinking that the x-sub just isn't going to cut it for what I want. I'm looking for room shaking bass when watching movies and I know the x-sub isn't the one to do that. So I'm already looking to upgrade.

I'm looking to spend somewhere in the $600 range. The AV123 MFW-15 ($599) sounds like it would be a perfect fit, but nobody knows when it will be available. Could be next month, could be September. I don't want to wait that long for a sub if I can get what I want without waiting. The wait for my speakers is killing me and I don't want to repeat it. The VTF-3.3 (without turbo) is on sale for $629.

Has anyone heard both of these subs? Any others to consider in the $600 range? I'm looking at probably 80/20 or 70/30 HT to music use and I really want the deep (sub-20hz) bass in whatever I buy.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I must say that the HSU VT3 MK3 was a life changing experience. Go for it

I've never heard the x-sub but judging by it's size it will be out classed by the HSU.

·
Registered
725 Posts
yeah, what they said........ hsu, you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like people agree that I probably won't be satisfied with the x-sub. Any other $600-$700 recommendations other than the VTF 3.3, or is that the one in this price range?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a SVS 20-39 PC plus bought it as a B stock for $799 i think. Once i got it calibrated it sounds damn good. I was thinking about getting a JL fathom but the more i tweek what i have i find that its probably enough. I dont want my house falling down

·
Registered
150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffarino /forum/post/0

Sounds like people agree that I probably won't be satisfied with the x-sub. Any other $600-$700 recommendations other than the VTF 3.3, or is that the one in this price range?

Check out the SVS PB12-NSD or stretch your budget and test drive the PB12-NSD/2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts