AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what i seen of 3D sets in BJs really don't care for it, hasn't changed from back in the 70s when they broadcast the Creature form the black lagoon in 3D. Still has the old ViewMaster look to me, one picture in front of the other and will never give it a serious look until they do away with them damn glasses.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger666 /forum/post/19576647

From what i seen of 3D sets in BJs really don't care for it, hasn't changed from back in the 70s when they broadcast the Creature form the black lagoon in 3D. Still has the old ViewMaster look to me, one picture in front of the other and will never give it a serious look until they do away with them damn glasses.

So I guess we don't have to hear from you for another 10 years or so when glasses are no longer needed. Thank god for small favours.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:

And you are posting here why?

I know, don't feed the troll...................

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just saying i don't think 3D has made any advancements since it was first introduced over a decade ago. Movies are making such a big deal about being in 3D and TV sets but really don't see any reason for paying the price of new sets or special glasses which only difference now is they are not cardboard anymore with color lens.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
If that is your opinion then don't buy a new top of line HDTV that has a more powerfull video processor and more video processing memory and thefore does a better job of upscaling SD 2D program as well as supporting 3D programs.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger666 /forum/post/19577971

just saying i don't think 3D has made any advancements since it was first introduced over a decade ago. Movies are making such a big deal about being in 3D and TV sets but really don’t see any reason for paying the price of new sets or special glasses which only difference now is they are not cardboard anymore with color lens.

Even an auto-stereoscopic display would look the same, you simply wouldn't need glasses. I think you're looking for Star Trek-style holograms, which is pretty much the holy grail. Going to be a while for that though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your comments fly in the face of facts. The glasses you are talking about are shutter glasses that would not exist without the latest technolgy. You can buy a 3D ready Mitsubishi TV at no premium. A 73" Mitsu 3D ready TV for $1900, you had to pay twice that for a non-3D TV 3 years ago. Get in the real world.

Jack Barry

·
Registered
5,965 Posts

Quote:

Where were you five-eight months ago?

Here is the thread you want:
Quote:
3D HDTV is the most pointless mainstream technology ever. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1240791

Last post was on July 1, 2010. Knock yourself out.

·
Registered
359 Posts

Quote:

If that is your only experience with 3D TV's I can understand where your coming from. I have experienced the same at Best Buy and know what you are talking about. The images can look flat...my son made the comment that the people look like "paper". This could be due to many factors, a bad demo, a bad source, etc.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that my new Mitsu DLP 73738 and a 3D bluray look just like you paid to watch it in a theater. Snowflakes in "A Christmas Carol" look like they are falling in your living room, images are not flat at all, and have incredible depth.

- My experience

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should see some new model of Samung and Sony,All are very nice in model, it will change your view

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs /forum/post/0

If that is your only experience with 3D TV's I can understand where your coming from. I have experienced the same at Best Buy and know what you are talking about. The images can look flat...my son made the comment that the people look like "paper". This could be due to many factors, a bad demo, a bad source, etc.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that my new Mitsu DLP 73738 and a 3D bluray look just like you paid to watch it in a theater. Snowflakes in "A Christmas Carol" look like they are falling in your living room, images are not flat at all, and have incredible depth.

- My experience

I agree whole heartedly. I have a Mitsubishi 73735 with the 3DC1000 and a PS3. Loving movies and video games in 3D. Hs anyone played Call of Duty Black Ops in 3D? Totally different game!!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Mmmm been to a couple of BB Magnolia stores. I think the DrTV guys are in charge there and they don't know anything. Saw the Samsung 3d demos and was not very impressed but then stopped at a proper Home Theater store and witnessed a professionally setup Mitsubishi and then the amazing Panasonic VT25 and was blown away. It looks like a portal you could reach into.

Get thee to a Pro store!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.