AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
David Bott... the guy who owns this place has rules and if you want to use this place you have to heed them. Threads like these attract folks from both sides and get very ugly just as some of the speaker compairson threads that have been closed or locked due to all the back biting which is to bad as this is such a great learning place. I think he was just heading things off early at the pass as he (as well as I) could see what was coming.

Maybe start a new thread with specifics or with info that you can post that can be validated somehow.... don't know what else to say.... You can PM David and ask him and he will tell you why he chose to lock it up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thank you David Bott ,

It's simply boring , tedious , and repetitious on how the two brands of woofers are constantly being exaggerated by SOME clones

The statements are always predictable :

WOW , IT ROCKS ....MY FOUNDATION MOVED... IT FELT LIKE THE WALLS WERE... BLAH.. BLAH.. BLAH ,

THINGS STARTED FALLING OF THE.....BLAH.. BLAH..

MY NEIGHBORS CALLED THE........ BLAH.. BLAH.. BLAH.

Seems these brands are aimed at the immature newbies and the easily impressed.

Lets get on with sharing , learning , without the hype and misdirected zeal.

SVS and HSU threads are passe , old hat , and BORING.

Let's have an original post on the subject , short of how loud it can get , or how it shook your innards.

I don't fault the product .

Thanks for supervising the class Dave.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
"If this is the case maybe any thread containing discussion of competing products of forum sponsors will be closed/edited/removed? "

Totally amazing how people seem to think this has ANYTHING to do with being a sponsor of the site or not. If that was the case, we would not even allow competing companies to be sponsors but we have a number of them.

If you really think this of us, I am am kind of sad that you do not know the standards we run the site by. If we took sides, we would not have the respect of the industry we have that has made the site as successful as it is. BTW...For what it is worth...I OWN AND USE A SVS SUB! (Twin Ultras)

·
Registered
88 Posts
"BTW...For what it is worth...I OWN AND USE A SVS SUB! (Twin Ultras)"

So David, how many dBs can you hit?:)

·
Registered
437 Posts
guys,

I was the original poster of the thread and I pm'd David about it. He responded and I accept his decision- it's his forum after all. While I don't agree with the decision and thought I had a legitimate question- c'est la vie. I do know that some of these threads get out of hand, but I thought mine was specific enough in it's nature to avoid the normal platitudes that seem to arrise.

In the end it's David's call and he made it. If you care to answer my original question you can pm me or respond to my post on the other forum that tuskenraider linked to.

let's let it die down- no worries.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
SVS and HSU threads are passe , old hat , and BORING.
For a long time member yes, but you seem to forget many new people join this forum all the time and will post questions that have been asked over and over, that will never change. They are either too lazy or don't know how to use the search feature, or they want the question answered the way they word it with current opinions. If the subject is just so BORING to you don't read it and it won't bother you.........but then, some people like to ***** and that gets old too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.