Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks a bunch, Dave, for posting that.

I just called and spoke with Shawn. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. I cannot understand the lack of a contact number on the website, but whatever.

He tells me basically that the 752/new version is better in almost every situation, including mine, so I'm awaiting that version. I was told I'm in the first group, and hope to receive mine "mid-month."

I have been no Cygnus cheerleader, as some are, but I am not a mud-slinger either. This was my first time actually speaking with Shawn and he sounded like a decent fellow, and as exasperated with the delays as we are. I remain somewhat skeptical of the reasons for all of the delays, but will hold on for now. Interestingly he stated that the "new" version is faster to assemble, so maybe there are other issues at play here as well from a business standpoint.

That's all the info I have.

------------------

Lex MC1/Sunfire CG/Hales Rev3's x3/M&K SS150 tripoles/Quadscan/Plus UP1100/Homemade screen

·
Registered
774 Posts
My, my,

What a nervous group of venture capitalists...perhaps a little more due diligence was in order before getting greedy and sending off your funny money. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Hang in there, I'm sure Shawn will come through! If not, well, maybe you can write it off as an educational expense...

Regards,

Tom

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Tom,

I know you were joking, but we aren't a collective group of ventura capitalists.

We were offered a product that was in the initial state of developement.

There has never been a statement of risk. Quite simply, we bought product.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I am in the second group who has ordered, I emailed Shawn twice in the last two weeks to tell him I have had a change of address....no response.

Alan, You have to admit that things appear to be shaky. Is the money all gone? If we receive our product will it function as advertised? I hope he is just too busy getting these things ready and I am being a bit nervous.

BTW I am not a crank poster. I am a pre-purchaser of the panamorph and I have been very patient like most people on here. I would just like assurance from Shawn that he is getting my email etc.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Please see my posts and offer in the topic ‘Simple solution to anyone frustrated with Pannie delays...’

I am offering my Panamorph position at my pre-buy price. I have no interest in profiting from this sad situation.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have now passed the 1 year point on the wait for the panamorph. Numerous threads show growing discontent.

I too, received a email note about shipping "soon." However I've been unable to ascertain which version will work better for my application (I have some restrictions about ceiling drop and throw distance).

I asked Shawn to call me, never heard back. Fine he's busy I figure, I'll call him.

Hmmm... no phone number on the web site. Well that's strange. Well I'll just call information in Commerce Twp., MI.

"Information what City" ... "what listing"... "I'm sorry, we have no listing for anything by that name or anything with Cygnus in the name"

Now can someone explain that to me? All I want is 5 minutes on the phone with a company I sent $600 to a year ago for a product that has been promised "in a couple of weeks" since October. No phone listing??

Does anyone have a phone number that I could call - this is a business we're talking about here, how can they not have a phone. Please email me privately if you don't want to post it here. I want to finalize my decision, put it in to Shawn and if I don't have the product within 30 days, I'm asking for a refund. By the time I get this, I'll be buying a new 16:9 DLP and just forget about it.

And hey, what happened to the "email if responses to this thread" option below? I use that all the time to keep me up on threads I'm following!

------------------

Lex MC1/Sunfire CG/Hales Rev3's x3/M&K SS150 tripoles/Quadscan/Plus UP1100/Homemade screen

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
PAP:

David added a "Track Thread" option that you can get to at the top of a thread. This is nice, because you no longer have to post, in order to get email notification. However, he removed the old email notification button, and you will no longer get notified on old threads you used to get notified on. Oh, well..

Anyway, I'm with you on the missing phone number for Cygnus. Nothing new there, but that's bizzare. Perhaps you could call Alan? I sent Shawn an email a couple of weeks ago, asking for him to confirm that I'm on the list, and where I am. No reply. It would be nice if he'd just email us and let us know where we were on the list.

Let us know if you get anywhere on this.

- Dave

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pap, sorry I can't help you, but if somebody does send you a private message and you do get to speak with shawn or Cygnus, can you post it so that we'll all know.....thanx

Jaime

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With regards to my last query - I just discovered the "track thread" button above. This forum software changes on a daily basis it seems http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I had similar problems when tring to order an IMX Processor from Cygnus. I used to joke with my friends: "See I want to send $1000 to this company to buy one of their products; it's an established business; but they have no phone number, they apparently have no staff at all, and there's no way to contact them to ask questions about the product before you send them your money. Yeesh!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.