AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Old dos games won't have the proper resolution, but i'm sure you could still play it. Every pixel in Doom is like 10 pixels wide anyways so it's not like you really need the 1:1.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you will probably think im crazy but im putting together a extra comp just for playing I.D games, from wolfenstin3D to Quake.

next I need to find (the ultimate ) CRT monitor, any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cell /forum/post/0

you will probably think im crazy but im putting together a extra comp just for playing I.D games, from wolfenstin3D to Quake.

next I need to find (the ultimate ) CRT monitor, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Not at all. There are lots of classic gaming fans in here.

Ultimate CRT is a 21" or greater top of the line Sony. I wish I had the deskspace for one, my neighbor gave away 2 of them for free but I'm just not going to give up that kind of real estate.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I tried going back to some of these old games but just couldn't deal with the oldschool style keyboard control. Thank god for mouselook/wasd!

·
Banned
3,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/0

I tried going back to some of these old games but just couldn't deal with the oldschool style keyboard control. Thank god for mouselook/wasd!

Duke always had mouse+kb (I think I actually really learned using it on DNF)...

PS: mouselook - mouse for look around only?
You should try to put FWD on your right click (left if you are a leftie)...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember playing GLDooM for the 1st time with mouse look. brings a new dimension into these old games, like aiming for the head.

I'll have to get these modded versions too.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2k /forum/post/0

Duke always had mouse+kb (I think I actually really learned using it on DNF)...

Left/Right only. I tried this just a while back and it just felt awkward not being able to look up and down.

Quote:
PS: mouselook - mouse for look around only?
You should try to put FWD on your right click (left if you are a leftie)...

Forward on right-click? Seems very counter productive to me since your left hand is on wasd (or arrow keys) anyways.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebuken /forum/post/0

If you use a TV that upconverts/upscales to 1080p you should be able to get it to work to some degree.

I've been looking for a 34xbr960 t.v for quite awhile, I probably wont find one so Im leaning towards a 21"+ crt sony or similar BenQ monitor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.