AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an entertainment center and the top shelf is the only place for a center channel. The problem comes with size. The center channel must be under 7.6 inches.

my bookshelfs are polk rti8. The size constraint cancels out the cs1 or csi3(unavailible too) or the csi a4.

plz help me find a center that will sound best with my other speakers

here are my points

-best matching with polk rti4

-depth is under 7.6 inches

-cost is under $150(shipping included)

-would like to buy only from 100% trusted sites preferably amazon

after looking my self i dont really know what to look for but how would the klipsch sc.5 for $80 be, or the yamaha ns-c225 for $150

i would prefer to spend as little money as possible. thank you

· Registered
2,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asb-123 /forum/post/15411121

depth as in. how far back it goes.

Sorry, I overlooked it in your original post.

It would be best to use the matching center from Polk. Mixing brands wouldn't be a good idea. Anyway, is your ET center all the way up against a wall? If it's not would you mind your speaker hanging over a little bit in the front and back? You could also consider cutting a thin sheet of wood and attaching it to the top of your ET center (clamping in the back, wood glue, screws, etc.) so that the appropriate speaker could sit there. It would overhang on the front a few inches, but would be supported.

· Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the whole center was a wooden back so it cant hang off the front. And my dad wants a clean look so i cant have it hang off of the front.

i know this situation is not at all ideal, thats why i came here to seek help.

· Registered
505 Posts
Your least expensive option (no cost) would be to try a phantom center. Set your receiver to no center channel and the receiver will split the center signal between your mains. Try it and see if it works for your situation.

· Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asb-123 /forum/post/15411001

i have an entertainment center and the top shelf is the only place for a center channel. The problem comes with size. The center channel must be under 7.6 inches.

ns-c225 for $150

i would prefer to spend as little money as possible. thank you

I have a Yamaha ns-c225 (den set) It is a size compromise, but you won't be disappointed in it's performance and power handling with 5 drivers.

It actually performs better for me if set vertically (dispersion wise) beside the TV.

· Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconno /forum/post/15413320

I have a Yamaha ns-c225 (den set) It is a size compromise, but you won't be disappointed in it's performance and power handling with 5 drivers.

It actually performs better for me if set vertically (dispersion wise) beside the TV.

the problem i think i will have is that that speaker is 6ohms isnt it?

· Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEarz /forum/post/15412004

Your least expensive option (no cost) would be to try a phantom center. Set your receiver to no center channel and the receiver will split the center signal between your mains. Try it and see if it works for your situation.

would this work better than a cheap polk center or a $50-150 center from another brand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.