AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. Just wanted to post my review of Doomsday on Blu-ray. Let me just say it looks and sounds great.

Link removed as it's out of scope for the new forum rules that I was not aware of.

Anyway, to summarize my review it's a top notch entry into the Blu-ray disc for Universal Studios. The audio and video are solid and extras are good, but not spectacular.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good catch. Fixed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Sweet, I cannot wait to get this.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nyc /forum/post/14239624

Hi, could you please list the gear used to review DOOMSDAY?

Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH 7.1

B&W M-1 Speakers (5)

Paradigm - surrounds (2)

PS3 (Blu-ray Player)

Cerwin Vega 10" Sub (forget model #)

1080p Sony SXRD KDS-A2000 50"

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
You are a good man EyeCrave. It was just a matter of time before rboster, or PooperScooper nailed you on it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Can't wait to get this disc. Nice to see that Universal is bringing their steller effort over to Blu ray.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Where's the review?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Saying it is top notch does not signify a review.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain /forum/post/14241486

Saying it is top notch does not signify a review.

Read the thread. He had linked to his review but forum rules don't allow that, so he took down the link.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation /forum/post/14241508

Read the thread. He had linked to his review but forum rules don't allow that, so he took down the link.

Basically negating the point of the thread. Hooray!!!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
If member EyeCrave is an official reviewer in eyecravedvd then I think the mods should allow posting of links to his/her review in AVS. Just my -0.0004235 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Yeah, post #5 is not clear whether those of us who write reviews, and have been putting the occaissional link in the AVS threads regarding the specific movie/disk under discussion for YEARS before AVS had in house review staff, are welcome or not to continue this self 'pimpage' or not. I hope we are still welcome to do so, as I value being a member here and think that HTF and AVS serve vastly different audiences and are quite complimentary and have seen traffic directed both ways by such linkage. I should probably ask the powers that be here directly, but my philosophy is that its always easier to ask forgiveness than permission. =p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.