AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd post this in the general area and see if anyone else has run into this issue. When my GC replaced a door into the theater a large gap was left between the doorjamb and the drywall. (Even though my directions were to put the drywall up to the edge....) This has left a gap in some areas large enough to stick my hand into - and I don't have small hands!

I have some non-expanding foam but this seems like a huge space for that. The problem is mostly on the left side. The right side has a very small gap.

Should I just stuff some insulation in there and then the foam? Fill with something else?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I would probably just glue some drywall shims in the larger gaps and then silicone sealant or expanding foam over / into smaller gaps - then door trim over it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Except the space runs almost the length of the left side - that seems like a lot of shims.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I meant cut a strip of drywall the length of the door, slide it in sideways, glue it in place - doesn't need to be pretty, just fill the space, trim covers it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.