AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my room, I've got a 2 foot opening where a door will go. On one side is the theater, on the other side, the lobby. Should I have the door on the theater side, creating a somewhat smooth surface when closed, or on the lobby side, creating a gap in the wall?

· Registered
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drunkpenguin
How bout a door in the ceiling and your guests could leap down like james bond!

Johnny
Now thats just dumb!!!! How will he close the door once they jump down?

I would take a big pass on the last suggestion and use a fire pole. I would strongly recommend you place the pole in the back of the room so as not to interfere with the movie and would also place a sign on the top side discouraging the use of high pitched squeals, like "WWWWWeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!", on the way down. Again, its an interruption.

In short I have nothing constructive to add but could not resist jumping on the wagon that our inebriated flightless bird was pulling.

· Banned
5,202 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D HAHAHAHA

"WWWWWeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" AHAHAHAHAHAH

Now that is a great plan! I must rewrite my own plans to include a firepole! I thought I was the only one in this forum with a sense of humor! You have given me hope Mr Martin, hope I say! Hmm, while we are at this we could build a trap door in the floor and whenever somebody does not laugh during a very funny part of the film we could throw them down into the dungeon! And then down the firepole comes another friend to take his place!

We could call it anarchy theater! Im still lauging at "WWWWWeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" hahaahahaha

Johnny

· Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No joke, but my wife did want a fireman's pole in the house somewhere. She thought the kids could slide down from their bedrooms.

Back to business, though - I suppose it would be like an alcove, but I thought that might be bad for the audio.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blipszyc
No joke, but my wife did want a fireman's pole in the house somewhere.
Well then, it needs to be in the bedroom, obviously.

:cool:

Note to self: never reply to posts after 3 shots of Irish whiskey.

Randy

· Registered
641 Posts
It saddens me to admit that, unlike Randy, my post was made while completely sober.

Mr. Penguin, you have built upon my idea and created a much better room (and attitude). My only trepidation about the dungeon is, well, both realistic and selfish. I have no access to dragons for the dungeon, tigers and other wild cats are noisy, and I do not think it wise to introduce unwanted humidity into the room by incorporating a shark/piranha tank. I am also not nearly as social with my neighbors as my wife and thus do not have the pool of friends needed for this kind of "turn over".

Wait a minute, I could use some of the friends my wife has!!!!! Alright, humidity be damned, the Shark tank is back in the picture!!!!!

This is beginning to sound like an episode of "Monster House". Fire man / stripper pole, theater, and shark tank / dungeon...

Blip, please feel free to tell me to get out of your thread and let you get your answers, constructively answered....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.