AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I'm putting this thread in the right forum...

I'm looking for product recommendations for a "door phone" system. I would like to put a call box by my front door which would ring all the telephones in the house and allow me to speak with whoever is at the front door before going to the door to let them in.

I know such products exist as part of larger phone systems, but I'm looking for a less expensive solution since I really don't need all of the other functionality that comes along with a phone system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
this is what my installer will be installing; http://www.channelvision.com/index/51 sounds like what you are looking for. when someone rings the door bell, the phone has a specific ring to it. when you answer the phone, you can communicate with the person outside.

I also looked at the Elan. It is a VERY nice system with lots of capability and options, but is 3-4 times the cost.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Channelvision, Door Fon, & Viking all look like good options. Elan would be great, but I think that is beyond my price range.

Thanks for the rec's. I'll have to check out the technical specs and mounting options on these to see which will work best. I do have a run of cat 5e going to the mounting location, but I do not have AC power there. It also will have to be surface mounted.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymhz /forum/post/0

this is what my installer will be installing; http://www.channelvision.com/index/51 sounds like what you are looking for. when someone rings the door bell, the phone has a specific ring to it. when you answer the phone, you can communicate with the person outside...

This is what I purchased for my house, but haven't had time to install it yet. It looks pretty nice, though I will either have to surface mount it (which is how it's made to be installed) or cut out some brick.

CJ

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch999 /forum/post/0

The Elan peice is just a communication controller. It work in a home with any phones, doesn't need any kind of special phone system.

But it does need an installer!

CJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.