AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new Zoom Player 3.0 Pro and use it to play DVDs in widescreen mode thru my HTPC to my CRT PJ. In full screen mode, I sometimes (not always) have a bright dot showing on the lower left of the projected image (red, green, AND blue tubes). If I go back to normal desktop mode, the location of the dot corresponds to the very lower left corner pixel(s) of the Windows desktop (I can also see it on my computer monitor before I send the signal to the CRT PJ.) Resolution is 720x480 at 60 Hz, using PowerStrip and Geforce2 MX400. Sony 1031Q projector.

I see it when using ZP with WINDVD 4 Platinum filters, BUT I DON'T see it when I'm using WinDVD 4 Platinum as the actual player. Blanking Navigator controls for ZP don't make a difference (cropped the 2.35:1 image down to its borders on all sides).

The same thing also happened with the previous version of ZP.

I haven't found the common denominator. Sometimes I can simply exit ZP and reload and it's not there. Other times nothing will get rid of it when using ZP.

Any ideas? I don't want this to burn into my tubes.

Dan

·
Registered
423 Posts
try exiting powerstrip. the settings should stick and the dot should disappear.

bob

·
Registered
578 Posts
You don't have to exit PS, the pixel is actually a "leftover" from the taskbar. It only appears when said taskbar is set to "always on top" in the options. Right-click your taskbar, go to properties and uncheck the appropriate checkbox. After you apply the changes the dot should no longer be there. Moving the taskbar to another location then the bottom also works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.