AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to program what channels show up on OTA tuners? Specifically, I'm wondering about the sub-channels, for example in my area, CBS is channel 7 and I get two signals 7-1 and 7-2. 7-1 always looks better than 7-2, so I'd like to program out 7-2 and keep 7-1. I figured out how to remove the entire 7-X group, but that's no good. Obviously, I'm new to HDTV... so, sorry for the basic question.

I'm using a Zenith HDV420 receiver and getting OTA, only -- no cable.

Thanks,

driver8

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the HDV420 too.

I tried and I cannot find a way to do what you are try'n.

either 7-1 and 7-2 are all there or not.

something you'll have to live with.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just out of curiousity, is the same programming on each channel?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Even though you're now getting the same programming, there may be a subtle difference. For example, WPIX 11 in NYC broadcasts a -2 channel that will have spanish language audio when available, otherwise it's english like the other channel (and mono at that, but they say they're working on fixing that, if they haven't already).

Unfortunately, every receiver I've seen or heard about plunks all the virtual ID's in your list whenever it tunes to it. So even on those where you can delete it, it'll reappear. Also, if they drop a subchannel, it'll disappear from your list when you tune to the station. And when they're fooling around, you'll see that too. One of the local stations around here decided to create 4 or 5 subchannels recently. Annoying. :)

If you can create a surf list or favorites list, you might just use it; add the channels you want to see to it and don't look at the full list anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.