AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just to make sure i set up the crossover setting correctly, can someone confirm what the setting should be if i have monoprice premium 5.1 speakers and an onkyo tx-sr313?

The speakers lowest frequency is 110kz, and my my reciever has options for 100 or 120. sub has from 30hz to 150hz. I should have speakers set to small and setting at 120 hz with the low pass filter on the sub at 150 because the receiver should control what frequecies it plays right?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Set everything to 120 Hz, including the Sub LPF.

Having such small speakers for your front L/R speakers is a very poor setup.

I suggest that you get a pair of the Dayton B652 speakers, which Parts Express sells for only $40, and use those for your fronts.

Then set your sub to operate only up to 80 Hz.

The sound will improve a bunch; those Dayton speakers are way better than one might think from their price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks, I thought I had read that the receiver would take care of the sub but I must read wrong if I should still use the LPf knob

And I will check out those speakers!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
It is best to set the sub to 150, or even switch off the filter if that is an option on your sub. Otherwise you are cascading 2 crossovers, which will do nothing good for the sound.

Commieman is correct, however about the Dayton B652 speakers. They can be had for $25/pair plus shipping on sale, and they sound very good for their price. I use them for my computer speaker setup. And if you hear that the new models sound bad, it was a bad batch of speakers, which Parts Express has cleared out. They even accepted returns on the ones that were reportedly bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.