Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm not sure where to ask this so I'll ask it here. My mom is considering a projector and she has asked me for help. Her budget is $1000 or less. She's a high school teacher and would like to use it in her classroom to show power point presentations, science movies, demonstrations, etc., but she would also like to have a decent projector for watching movies. It seems that the Optoma H31 or Infocus 4805 are the way to go for inexpensive projectors but is the resolution high enough for decent school use? The light out put isn't as big a deal because she can have the lights off and it won't be critically viewed at school. While looking around I've found that she could also get a Sanyo Z2 for around her price range. I know that this technology is a generation behind the latest offerings, but the 1280x720 resolution seems better. Lastly, I've been thinking about the venerable old Infocus X1. It would be cheap and should be decent enough. What would you suggest? All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
As long as the fonts in the power point presentation aren't too small (which usually aren't), the Optoma and Infocus will work fine.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
the benq 6200 XGA; very bright but prone to rainbow, unless you're not sensitive to them. it's in the similar price range as the X1.

I used it for presentation and for home theater; it's a compromise.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
i disagree with that, especially if she can control the lighting

they'd be just fine

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC
Billymac, she needs to use it in her classroom. I doubt she could get the room dark enough.
It's been a while since I was in school, but I recall being in classrooms that could get so dark that nobody noticed me making out with my girlfriend. So I wouldn't assume she can't get the room dark enough! :p

-Dan

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the benq 6200. It does a great job of doing both. There are some rainbows now and then with home theater stuff but it is plenty bright for classroom duty. She can't go wrong.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.