AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this will not be a rant about two-faced AVS posters. :)

Seriously, I have seen an occasional comment in connection with light boxes to be sure and use posters that are printed on both sides. The only posters I have purchased so far are printed on only one side. They look pretty good to me lit up in my light box. If you have both a one sided and two sided version of the same poster, please comment on how the two sided improves the appearance.

Second, where do you buy two sided posters? Browsing around the internet poster sites, few double sided posters seem available. When you click on the buy box, the message is this poster is no longer available. What posters that are two sided do you own and where did you purchase them? Thanks for the help in answering.

·
Registered
184 Posts
All movie posters that theatres use are two sided. The best place to get this is to go to your local theatre and ask if they have any old posters that they can give away. Chances are they will have some.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Prior to 1985 most posters were printed on one side and sent to the Theaters folded and were size 27"x41" After 1985 most posters were size 27"x40" and were printed on both sides for Light Boxes and sent to the Theaters rolled. The double sided poster just looks better in the box. It has more color and is less transparent.

Most posters that are printed now are Double Sided. If the poster is not double sided then it is a usually a reprint. The double sided posters are Originals. If you want to buy originals this is the place to get them: http://stores.*********/id=42873220&ssPageName=L2 he is very fare on his prices. I link to him on my website and he links to me as well. He's a good guy and has a lot of knowledge about posters. All his posters are originals unless otherwise posted.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I see for some reason my link is not working to the posters on Ebay. You can get to the posters by going to www.spotlightdisplays.com and then clicking on posters and then the link provided there. "All posters" has a lot of posters but you have to be careful they are not reprints.

·
Registered
298 Posts
by the way, I don't make anything off of the sales of these posters. This person is just a friend, and a good guy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
26,438 Posts
Mark: Bottonline is the single sided poster will be washed out vs the double sided version of the same poster. The reason for the DS is the posters are designed to use the light to bring out certain aspects of the image (lightsaber would be an example). Also, the light helps create a depth of field within image. I'm always amazed how much the poster comes alive when it's placed in the lightbox...you can't tell by just looking at the poster.

Ron

The best values are on ebay.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I have only purchased three posters so far, all single sided. I have tried all three of them in my River City box. They all look fine to me. One is U-571, one is Star Wars with the sabers and the city in the behind, and the third is Raiders of the Lost Arc. I saw a two sided U-571 on e-bay today. The price was $10 but the guy wanted about another $8.50 for shipping and insurance and I passed. Matter of principle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.