AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF your HT is in YOUR house and you do not mind any sound "bleed" into other parts of YOUR house and your lot is big enough that sound will not travel to your neighbors (Brick walls on outside walls), not unlike the Ronco Vegamatic, why do you need to invest? in a second wall and double insulation?

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

·
Registered
357 Posts
You might consider an additional condition...

...and if you are situated in an environment (both inside and outside the house) which is quiet enough that sounds entering the HT are not a distractive problem for movie watching...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here in the DC area we have a movie theater that is right beside Ronald Regan National Airport, in an old train yard. (Potomac Yards)

Well not really right beside it... but when I was watching a movie there a few years ago.. during a nice quite scene..... There went the airplane... from right to left through the screen.... Well not actually... It was a mental picture that my mind created hearing the plane land. Now normally this is not a problem, at this theater, since most movies have enough sound to cover outside noise.

It was just strange.

The point is... What happens when you are sitting watching a move and the neighbors, kids, friend comes over with a baffle in the muffler and it sounds like a dump truck trying to stop quickly at an intersection, from their little CRX??

Not a sermon... Just a thought. (those in DC area know this commercial)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I insulated my room pretty well, but didn't go overboard with double walls, etc. Nothing in the room rattles or vibrates, but my wife's terrarium and other decorations in the foyer and living room upstairs rattle during bass heavy movie scenes. I'm hoping I never vibrate something breakable off a shelf in the china closet in the adjacent dining room ;)

Just something to consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.