AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's another movie I rented without research, based on the DVD cover. I'm sorry I did, really sorry, as this film reeks.

It's supposedly a Comedy, but I was so appalled by some of this I quite forgot to laugh, smile, or even feel amused. In retrospect I wished I had turned it off early in the first half, as it was evenly bad throughout.

A dufus NYC cop who will remind you of Dudley Doright walks into a fast food restaurant. A militia type armed with an assualt weapon follows him in (drives a truck in) and starts spraying bullets. He reaches for his service pistol and has a back spasm, making him unable to raise his head or weapon. He falls over and knocks himself out. A nine year old kid picks up his gun, grins, and presses it against the spine of the militia type and blows him away, after six people die in front of your eyes.

By this time, I'm starting to think this was savage social satire in the vein of Fight Club. No such thing, this was simply how he gets to meet his Chiropractor, played by Elizabeth Hurley.

A little later we meet the Super in his apartment building, whose daughter is hiring two hit men off the street to murder her father because he won't let her get a tattoo. Then two guys in flourescent pink suits torture a dummy with darts. The second session with his Chiropractor goes swimmingly as she tries to hump him on the table for no discernable reason. Racial epithets are tossed around with abandon, for no reason other than somebody either thought these were funny, or added to the texture of the plot.

There really is no plot - just a string of utterly unlikely events strung togather around characters you can't identify with or even accept as real. Nor is any of this well done enough to reach the level of satire. This morning I discover there was never any theatrical release for this -er- movie. I'm not surprised.

Skip it.

Gary

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yeah. Dissapointing is a good summary. I really wanted to enjoy this flick but it just wasn't very good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.