Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm about to buy a panasonic projector and digital camcorder :)

I've read a couple of things mentioning that if you buy panasonic gear with a certain credit card you get double the warranty automatically. Can anyone fill me in? I'd like to get double the warranty for free!

Thanks,

Russ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

Just bought the Panny 300 (love it!) with my American Express which automatically increases manufacturer warranty by 1 year. They do so through an insurance company. No forms to fill out. If the unit needs repair after the first year, you call Amex who then forwards you to the insurance company. I can't say that I know anyone who has had experience with actually using this but I have not read any negative comments anywhere.

I usually use a gold visa to purchase items as it gives airline points but this card does not increase warranty time so for electronics, I usually use the Amex unless I can find a relatively inexpensive extended warranty package. Some Gold cards do include purchase warranty insurance.

Another nice thing about the Amex card is that it protects against damage, theft, etc for a short period of time.

Enjoy your new PJ!

Bob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Most Platinum cards offer free Extended Warranty protection. They add one year to the manufacturer's warranty. If you have a platinum card, call them and ask if they offer this. Some cards like Signature Visa (a notch above Platinum) offer extended warranty + option to buy more years of warranty. In my experience, their price for adding more years is cheaper than buying through a merchant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw one web store offering 3-Year Parts & Labor Warranty with the usual price. Could this be a mistake? I have to call them tomorrow and check. If this is true, I might just dive in and be part of the FP crowd. I also need to check their dead pixel policy.

Email me if you want to know the store name.

Anyone know other companies who has the best L300 warranty? Please email me.

This is my first post, just wanted to share this find. Sorry if someone already posted this info.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found this on the Amex web site, regarding the Amex Blue Card:

Return Protection

Return Protection lets you return a covered item purchased with the Card [ even if you purchased it online ] when the merchant won't take it back. Just contact us within 90 days of the purchase, and you will be reimbursed for the full purchase price, up to $300 per covered item.2

Buyer's Assurance

The Buyer's Assurance Plan extends the terms of the original manufacturer's warranty on a covered product purchased entirely with the Card up to one additional year on U.S. warranties of five years or less.3

Purchase Protection Plan

The Purchase Protection Plan provides added protection-at no extra cost-for accidental damage to or theft of covered items purchased with the Card.4

Looks like I'll be using my Amex to make my purchase.

Russ

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know that someone above said that a Visa Gold would note extend the warranty, but according to Visa's web site, the Gold, Platnum, and Signature cards extend the warranty of items. If someone knows a stipulation in this, by all means, please post it. I'm thinking about using a Visa Gold to buy a 300.l

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I just called my banker that we have our Visa cards with. The Gold cards we originally had did NOT offer the protection, so she upgraded us to the Platinum card that did. I think it's best to verify with each individual card.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did your gold card have a warranty extension at all, or was it just with particular items? You see, I just called VISA, and they said the warranty program was the same for the Gold, Platinum, and the Signature.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
My banker just said I didn't have it on that card. Maybe it differs from bank to bank. Mine was with Bank of America. I don't know if it's a Visa specific benefit or a bank specific benefit. Sounds like with Amex that it's for all of them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I also contacted Visa regarding this and they said that all of their Visa Gold, Visa Platinum, and the other one automatically included the warranty extension for a year.

They said you don't even need to fill out any paperwork. Just call them if you have a problem within the first year after the manufactures warranty is up and they will take care of it. You do need to keep your original receipt and warranty paperwork.

Also, according to my bank the warranty extension service has nothing to do with the bank... its a program run completely by Visa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.