Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I live in northwest suburb of Chicago, desperately trying to get Dough to set up my XG1352 for dish network HD-package broad cast in 1080i and go through some other issues 1352 may have.

If you guys out there own NEC projectors and would like Dough to tweak for the optimum performance this is your chance. We will share his travel and hotel expenses so please call me @ (847) 428-3972 between 9 and 1:00pm or @(847)259-8800 ext 285 from 2:30pm till 10:30pm.

Here's my email address [email protected]

Thanks!

Syed

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well, I am in Elgin with an XG-1100 that looks pretty sweet as it is,

but I'd be interested in having Doug come by and laugh at my humble attempts and then do the setup correctly. ;-)

Let me know the particulars.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys,

At this point, I do not know how much would it cost for Dough to come to Chicago. I will soon find out and let you guys know, mean while give me a call to discuss his services related to XG or PG series.

10Gauge, who set up and convergence your projector and for how much? please send me an email @ [email protected]

Thanks!

Syed

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm with 10Gauge.. I've got a XG1350 sourced by a DTC100 for HD and most recently a Momitsu 880 for DVD (just retired HTPC) and am located in Algonquin. Not sure if I'd be interested yet basically since I'm not entirely happy with the current location/setup.

But I think it looks pretty sweet with my hack of a setup attempt. Keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BTW, If Doug can't make it, I would be more than happy with Terry (Chuchuf) or one of the many other good NEC calibrators/repairers/aligners/resellers if they can make it in his stead.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi Guys:

I am trying to get ahold of Syed, but I only had his work #, and have left a couple of messages in the past week (I spoke with him a couple times last month).

I would love to get to Chicago again in the next week or two, so stay tuned, I will try Syed at home (now that he posted his number) later this morning....

Jeff in Detroit

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10Gauge,

I just talk to Jeff from Detroit, he is willing to come to Chicago if we all agree for his services. I know pretty much what his travel expense are but not sure about his rate to work on projector either by an hour or a flat fee.

Since his phone # is right above do you like to give him a ring and let us know.

Thanks!

Syed

PS: I have no problem with Terry, he is in Georgia and a bit expensive.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi,

any word on how much Jeff will cost? I have a xg852 that I replaced the green tube on and I can't get the astig/focus right, SO I could also use some time.

God bless...

Mark

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Terry did my XG 1100 last year when doing a midwest calibration tour. I think you'll find his rates very reasonable.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Guys,

When you guys have this worked out as to whos doing the calibration I have one person in that area I can add to this tour, just need to know who, when, where so I can contact. Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, there is a reasonable interest generating from this area to have Dough come over and do the calibration on NEC XG and PG series. The question is how do we all proceed, who needs what work done on their projectors, can we all let Dough know our needs and then let him decide the date accordingly.

Dough, my set up and conversion is done by another professional however, I think I can use your excellent service to tweak my XG1352LC to look like a 9" projector out of 8" tubes. Also I have added a new Hi-def signal via dish network which is converge by a friend and my self. It is viewable but not a great picture that's where you come in.

Dough, please give us your available date with details, and guys, how do we all share his expense.

Bobzilla, since you are the guy Dough referring to, how about you take a lead and let me know. My email address [email protected] best you call me @ (847)428-3972 Monday to Friday any time before 1:00pm then I am off to work. You can reach me @ (847)259-8800 ext 285 ask for Syed from 2:30pm till 11:00pm. Weekends I am usually home, please leave a message with your phone number.

Thanks!

Syed

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had a very busy week. I had some email with Doug, but he is out of town now. Sounded like sometime in March at the earliest to come to Chicago.

I'ld be happy to be the lead (not knowing what all that entails :). My email address is [email protected] . Let me know what work you need done and where you are located.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would recommend you not use Jeff Bryngelson to calibrate your NEC projector or any other projector for that matter. He did a very unprofessional job on my Nec xg85 back in June, and charged me $1500 for 7 hours worth of work (which included two trips to Home Depot, even after I had asked him what I needed to hang the projector prior to his arrival and he said nothing. At $200 dollars an hour this is not acceptable). I originally had this same projector set in my old home by John Gannon four year ago. The reason I did not use John in June was because I believed he was still living out of state. After seeing him on this board I emailed him and found out that he had move back to Detroit. I contacted him and John came to my new home in January, he got to my home at 1:30pm and did not leave until 11:45pm. The end result was that Jeff calibration was watchable, but when John came and re-calibrated my projector it is now jaw dropping viewing DVD's and HD is to die for. John only charged me $700 to clean up the mess Jeff had made and that included him helping with my Nile's remote. So believe me if you want a professional calibration contact John Gannon. If you have any further information please email me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
All,

I can be reached through e-mail...jjgannon at ix dot netcom dot com.

If we can work it out, I can make it as soon as next week. If anyone has tried in the recent past, please try again, I've had some personal difficulties.

Sincerely,

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bobzilla,

I think March will be just fine, like I said before, it's important to lay down before hand exactly how much it will cost us to have Dough calibrate the projector. I know his hourly rate, hotel and travel expenses must be shared with all those indivuals who desire his service.

Since you're leading us in dealing with Dough, can we discuss this over the phone? I have certain issues regarding HD-TV and 1352LC. My number is listed above or shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Syed

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Gentlemen, I know John as both a friend and a colleague- he and I have worked on several calibrations together- He IS one of the best when it comes to NECs. And you won't have to worry about travel/ hotel because he makes this trip quite often. Just my 2 cents worth as a fellow installer/ISF calibrator.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Dan,

What's your new mailing address? Gotta know where to send the check...

Thanks...

But...with your 4 posts to my almost none in the past year or so...and half these guys not knowing me from Adam...it could look like I created an alter-ego positive endorsement...

Cheers,

John

P.S.: Don't be giving away my road and bed money unless you want to put up with me every morning BEFORE Starbuck's. I'm sure your fiance will have something to say about that...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I, too, am interested in setting up my just bought NEC 9PG Xtra.

My projector arrives in about a week and I would very much like someone to set it up for me.

I would like to know rates/costs before hand though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.