AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

after countless months soaking up knowledge ive decided to begin my project. There are a couple of basic rules to consider before I get started and I want you all to know I probably wont obey any of them

1. HVAC TBD
2. Acoustic plan - Probably not going to happen
3. Wait til you get your design before you buy your equipment - again not going to happen. Ive already built my 3 Tempests and 2 Subs for the front
4. Decouple your walls so no one will have to listen to you - might happen, still framing. Clips maybe but definetly will have 3/4" osb and 5/8" DW

Screen is hopefully going to be 130" AT 16:9 provided I can afford one from Falcon Screens. I have been to jbrown's theater and was really impressed at the quality of the texture of the screen as compared to others. Am thinking a Sony VPL 55 ES. Viewing distance at 13'

Attached are some photos of my basic layout including a soffit I absolutely love :mad: Furniture is ikea's finest

Stage and riser to be pink fluffy filled and 1' deep.

Room dimensions are 23' 4" x 10' 6"

Attachments

·
Banned
8,184 Posts
awesome! subscribed...good luck :) I hear you on oversized soffits that suck haha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I screwed this place right up.

After building 2 bathrooms and a kitchen, fireplace and main floor im ready to go back to the theater.

I ran 15 speakers for a 7.4.4 system. 2 subs direct center rear and 2 subs direct center front... or all 4 corners. Dont know yet depends how well things fit.

yes Big, you are correct about the soffit. Thanks to your posts I plan to blatantly steal your idea for 1 5/8" metal track and run the 2x4 stud ladder along inside of it. Should be nice and tight like prom night. jbrown15 gave me a roll of line acoustic and the taste is finally out of my mouth for the gift so I'll use some of that to wrap the ducting before we put up the dry wall.

As you can see in the pics I still need to remove my old moisture barrier below my new ladder and bring it in line with the rest of the wall. I will do that, add insulation(which arrived!) and properly wrap up the room to prevent mold rot.

Pics:

View of the rear of the theater

View of the front. Wiring is so tight and well laid!!! /end sarcasm

View of the lights I plan to use. the "3" light will go infront of the front seating position the 2 "2" lights I plant to use will go infront of the rear positions

7.4.4 = 15 wires. ungh suckage

The sub panel. 1 20 amp for the sub amp 1 20 amp for the receiver and pj. 1 20 amp for a plug in the kitchen upstairs and a 15 amp for the step lighting on the riser.

Rack location including low voltage hyper conduit video transfer cylindrical apparatus(flex pipe)

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Two coats of primer, sand in between coats. Will sand one more time and hit it with the flat back spray bomb. Carpet is going in as I type. Crossovers are all done and wired. Also built the screen wall frame. Thanks Travis and Dad. Picked up the screen with Jbrown15 on Saturday and will assemble it after the carpet is done. Thanks again for the ride old buddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Two coats of primer, sand in between coats. Will sand one more time and hit it with the flat back spray bomb. Carpet is going in as I type. Crossovers are all done and wired. Also built the screen wall frame. Thanks Travis and Dad. Picked up the screen with Jbrown15 on Saturday and will assemble it after the carpet is done. Thanks again for the ride old buddy.

woot! I'm not the only one with diy speakers :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts