Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.06%

Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 98dB

Standby Power Consumption (HDMI Off, Standby Through Off): 0.1W

Dimensions (WxHxD): 17-1/8" x 6" x 12-3/8"

Weight: 16.5 lbs

or

Onkyo-TX-NR509

Product Features

80 Watts per Channel at 8 Ohms, 20 Hz?20 kHz, 0.7%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC; 110 Watts per Channel at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC

4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output, HDMI Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio

Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port

Network Capability

"Easy to Use" On?screen Display (OSD) via HDMI

The onkyo seems to have better reviews and more features. I don't care much for the network capability since I will be running audio/video through my apple tv running xbmc. I also don't care for the ipod connector although I may use it sparingly. The on-screen display is nice, but really how often do I need to use that

... so basically my main concern is sound quality. I want the best sound for those speakers. Which receiver would you get? Or do you recommend something other than these two?

Thanks in advance.

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Lots of buyers won't buy an AVR without OCD. It is handy to have for setup since you won't be squinting at the tiny display every time you want to change a setting - and that happens more than you might think. The Onkyo has more connections and bells and whistles as you've pointed out - I like bells and whistle - always gives you something to fiddle with. It might cost a bit more but you get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.