AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hei ppl

I want to change my amp because of all the new things like HDMI etc, and want advice what new amp i have to choose, Yamaha 2700, Denon 4306 or Pioneer 4AVi, they are all amps in the same division?. I also have my current amp connected to Pioneer DV-989AVI with i-link wich works great,but i dont think the difference between optical\\coalxical and i-link is very big is where is any at all.I also want to now if i could use my DVD player connected via HDMI from player to the new amp and still listen to SACD and DVD-Audio in all channels as i can with i-link

Hope anyone could help me in here

PS: My amp is running Infinity kappa 600 infront and kappa sub and kappa sourrond, but i maybe change this kit with KEF KHT 2005.2 kit with the new amp

Sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
877 Posts
I currently have a Kenwood Sovereign 5900 AV Receiver. Am thinking about adding or changing to a receiver with HDMI.

Are there any receivers out there certified to HDMI 1.3?

How about certified for the latest in THX Sound and HDMI 1.3?

Any out there with two HDMI out connections (TV for daytime/projector for night)?

How about 6 HDMI in (DVD, PS3, SAT, OFF AIR HD Receiver, Blue Ray, HD DVD, Cable, I'm already out-how about 8 to 10 HDMI outs)?

Must be 7.1. Must end up with better video and sound quality.

Here are a few I've read about.

PIONEER VSX-1017TXV Available July 07 Is this in the Elite series???

Pioneer Elite VSX82 receiver

Pioneer VSX-82TXS receiver Is this in the Elite series???

I don't think this fits the bill.

What do you guys think?

What price range would you guess am I looking at if there is something out there?

Thanks-

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the postings

Kipp Jones

Do you know if i can have SACD/DVD-Audio 7.1/5.1 via HDMI from my DVD player to the 84TXI?, or do i need analog cables, with my VSA-AX10i(49TXI) i run the SACD/DVD-Audio with i-link, and have ofcourse multichannel sound now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.