AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,842 Posts
If you're talking about a standard definition DVD played directly in an XBOX 360, the answer would be yes.


EDIT: I'm assuming you meant DVD and not CD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,723 Posts
Greetings


Yes ... but it depends on the xbox config. A 480p dvd signal from the xbox does little or nothing for the hi def games that are output.


Unless it is a HDMI xbox and the DVD is upconverted


regards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberchickenmx /forum/post/15598401


yes hdmi and i think it upconverts to highest 1080p

my res is at 720p, and the 360 DOES upconvert

Good.


The point is that usually different resolutions can use different settings, so you may need to calibrate every input and every resolution you use.
 

·
One-Man Content Creator
Joined
·
25,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberchickenmx /forum/post/15600237


ohh

ok

so is there a place i could download a calibration cd? you guys prefer a specific brand/type? thanks

GetGray is a downloadable DVD but not free: http://www.calibrate.tv/


THX Optimizer is free and available on many commercial discs:

-Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
You can also find DVE and Avia (used) around cheap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/15640499


You can also find DVE and Avia (used) around cheap

ehh but i would need an hd dvd or blu ray player..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain /forum/post/15638713


GetGray is a downloadable DVD but not free: http://www.calibrate.tv/


THX Optimizer is free and available on many commercial discs:

-Bill

would playing like a toy story movie (it DOES have the thx optimizer) be the same as downloading a calibration cd?
 

·
One-Man Content Creator
Joined
·
25,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberchickenmx /forum/post/15645066


ehh but i would need an hd dvd or blu ray player..

They made DVD versions of DVE and Avia long before HD-DVD or Blu-ray existed.

Quote:
would playing like a toy story movie (it DOES have the thx optimizer) be the same as downloading a calibration cd?

For starting out, doing things by eyeball, all these discs should give you very similar results. After some practice and experience you may want to move on to a specialty disc just because they have more features.


-Bill
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top