AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Except that they are expensive and 720p only.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
And they're lower quality (more compressed, smaller filesize) than the same titles available on WMV-HD discs. Worse yet, someone in the Digital Software Discussion forum had a lot of trouble downloading the last 30% of his movie. :( Not yet ready.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would love to be able to "rent" these titles but it looks like they are only "download to own". If I wanted to own them, I would just order the discs (I would need backups anyway).

I might be willing to download-to-own major studio releases... even with slightly higher prices since I would be getting higher rez than with a regular DVD and it would have a higher convenience factor.

·
Registered
723 Posts
720p only?? Beats the poopy out of 480i. Higher compression would be a negative but suppose that is in an effort to improve download times which are going to be very long. But hey, it's a start and that is very very good in my opinion. So I look at it positively in that regard (the glass is half full).

DFA

·
Registered
675 Posts
This is definitely a step the right direction. One of many, I hope. I would guess it is in response to Movie Link’s double bit rate (EQ) titles. My HD PPV from Dish is $5.99, pretty price as well IMHO. I have used CinemaNow several times, they routinely send me 99 cents coupons. It is perfect for people like me, 6 M line at home, and I never know when the kids will get to sleep. I hate renting a DVD movie only to find it is one of those nights the kids refuse to go to sleep early. The spontaneity of download PPV is a big plus.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.