AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of me 3 boxes died and I replaced it with a used box that works fine, but has been "resting" for several years. It has version 3.7 software, which I want to upgrade. I assume there will be no automatic update from the satellite. Has anyone used the Jenny code recently? Is there anything I should do before starting?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You can "verify" you have a good/clean connection to MSNTV/WebTV and test the Jenny Code before you decide to upgrade. Just so you can get the UTV were you need it if you have problems at home.

You can "test" the Jenny Code and end the upgrade early without causing problems with your current UTV OS.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I forget exactly when 3.8 came down through the sat, but I had read at the time that the sat would have the upgrade for about 1 year.

I remember when it first showed up and I panicked and pulled the plug. Then when I realized I did want the upgrade, about 1 week later it received it. So, it could take a while even if it's still in the stream. You might give it a week or so and maybe it'll just solve your problem with no effort.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
One of my UTVs shows Sept 2007 for it's update. So it's been more then a year for 3.8 .

Might have to do a search but I think 3.8 was more of a compatibility upgrade and not much on functionality so if everything seems to operate OK then you may be able to wait and see if the Phone isn't the best option for you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Let me know if you want to do a manual upgrade. I can make the 3.8 file available...

kazak

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually was downloaded automatically via satellite a couple of days ago

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
UTV OS 3.8 LIVES!!! (In the Data Stream)

Nice to know. Just for fun did it download around 2-3AM local time? (Central Time Zone for me was 2 or 3 AM as I recall)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1:14 am Pacific time Saturday morning. It may be getting to be time to replace the boxes. I just had another tuner die.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak /forum/post/15785917

1:14 am Pacific time Saturday morning. It may be getting to be time to replace the boxes. I just had another tuner die.

RAK, you might consider getting the tuner chips replaced. There are couple options for this out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts