AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this happen a couple times before, but it was usually stuff I got from IVS. I have a show that I recorded manually (kids' school holiday concert on local access). It's a little over two hours long. When I download it onto my computer via DVArchive I can view the whole RTV MPEG using WMP but the time doesn't seem to be right. At the end it says 1:07:58, not the 2 hours. And if I try it on VLC the time code goes all kooky.

But if I run it through reVue 1.1a3 to fix the time code (or whatever magic voodoo that program does) the show gets cut to about an hour. (Actually now that I think about it, it's probably 1:07:58.)

So I looked into it a little and figured I'd try WinReplayPC to extract the video instead of DVArchive, but I can't seem to find it now. I suppose I'll e-mail Rich at PC Photo Video.com.

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips? I'm trying to burn it onto DVD so I can send it to the in-laws in FL. I'm mad at myself that I didn't do this sooner since it ran twice a day for the whole week after Christmas, but it's not running anymore. And I doubt if there is anyone else in my town that has a ReplayTV so it won't be on Poopli.

· Registered
1,463 Posts
For the first part I can tell you that WMP does not accurately give you a timestamp and there is something about the RTV mpeg that jumps VLC around. A VLC modded for RTV files is available which adds CA and corrects that problem.

The reVue I'm not sure about.

· Registered
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb5 /forum/post/0

It's a little over two hours long. ...I can view the whole RTV MPEG.... I'm trying to burn it onto DVD....

So, you have the complete file, it's messed up, and you're going to burn it onto a DVD. You need VideoReDo Plus. Free trial (though it may have limits); the program is only $50 (well worth it, even if you don't use it very often). Anything that you write out using VideoReDo Plus is automatically fixed, and there are numerous options for more extensive MPEG-2 fixes. If you can't even view the file, you can run it through VideoReDo Plus' QuickStream Fix first. VideoReDo Plus doesn't burn to DVD, it fixes MPEG-2 (and other) files, and does simple and easy-to-use linear editing.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that may have worked. I d/l'd the demo of VideoReDo and ran the video through that. I clipped the beginning and end and the resulting video seems to track properly now. Now I just have to try burning it. I had another video that had problems with sound after I cut the commercials and it seemed to work good on that too. I agree that it may be worth the $50.

BTW I've been using this guide from the old ScreenSavers to create the DVD's. It's work quite well except for the few that I've had problems with. Usually longer videos.

· Registered
788 Posts
Most DVR's occasionally have errors in their saved files. If I encounter a Windows Media Center Edition file that my DVD-burning software tries to transcode, reports an error, or crashes on, then I know that there's a problem with the file and I run it through VideoReDo Plus' QuickStream Fix. If it still has problems, then it's usually right at the start of the file, visible, and the corrupted part is only about a second long. I just trim it with VideoReDo Plus and all is well. I find it worthwhile to check the VideoReDo Plus betas; they usually have some significant bug fixes, particularly for DVR-MS files, and I've found them to be quite stable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.