AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you download a game from the marketplace, do you get everything you would get if you purchased the game off the shelf? for example, the platinum hits version of Mass Effect comes with Bring Down the Sky for free, so if you download ME from the marketplace would it also come with Bring Down the Sky for free too or would you have to pay 400 MS points for it?

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
It depends on the title, but most are the original disc release version.

Specifically, I'm fairly certain the Mass Effect does not come with either of the expansion pieces.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
exactly; if they want the GoD to succeed, they need to price them at a level that is competitive. It needs to be lower than the disc version, as the disc version can be resold, traded, or lent (don't care what the license really says). I think the whole thing was pushed by the publishers, I'm sure MS knows that the GoD aren't a particularly good deal.

Such a thing works well on PC, though. Steam is successful because disc-based games are a PITA for PC (patching, installing, etc). Also, I think people trust Steam more than some of the others...Valve is not a public corporation that pulls public corporation shenanigans.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I like on steam that I don't have to worry about what windows OS I'm on at the moment. It seems weather I'm on XP, Vista or 7 the games work reasonbly well. It's also great that I can reload windows, switch to new hardware, roam (as in take a laptop where I don't have all the time on highspeed ) and the games still work.

Were as on the 360 if I decide to travel to a different 360 I have to be connected, or if for some reason I get a new 360 again I always have to be connected to play the game, to my knowledge you can only do a DRM migration once a year.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Why pay 50% more for something you cannot sell or trade in the future?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts