AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone that owns an hd ax2,

can you please tell me if its worth upgrading from hd-a1 for the 720 output?

I dont care about load time, I care aqbout how good the internal scaler in it is. If I will get a noticeable improvement above my current hd-a1 720p pitcure I will buy it.

anyone with experience in this regard? as is the hd-a1 is already pretty darn good, but if I can get a better picture, Im all for it.

Yes I have sensitive eyes, so even small upgrades in picture quality would be worth the investment to me. Im the type to tweak the image to no end, detail correcting the smallest gamma R G B settings.

current hd-a1 720p output

hd dvd

sd dvd upconverted

·
Registered
511 Posts
I recently bought an A1 and on My Optoma HD72 (720p) projector via HDMI the 720p from the A1 looks far worse than the 1080i. I got a copy of Toshiba's HD-DVD demo disk with my A1 and there are some very good shots in there for comparing the A1 720p to 1080i (My A1 is at firmware 2.0). Anything with text looks lots better at 1080i than 720p. I am not sure that this is the best test but the differences were very apparent. Also look at the text on the previews ratings screen for a decent comparison.

Regards,

Dennis

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow /forum/post/0

I recently bought an A1 and on My Optoma HD72 (720p) projector via HDMI the 720p from the A1 looks far worse than the 1080i. I got a copy of Toshiba's HD-DVD demo disk with my A1 and there are some very good shots in there for comparing the A1 720p to 1080i (My A1 is at firmware 2.0). Anything with text looks lots better at 1080i than 720p. I am not sure that this is the best test but the differences were very apparent. Also look at the text on the previews ratings screen for a decent comparison.

Regards,

Dennis

dennis,

you should check out this thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=780297

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.