AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I recently moved from Chicago to San Francisco and realize my living space is a lot smaller. I have a 61" Samsung LED DLP TV (HDTV-HL-T6187S) that I want to exchange but it apparently isn't worth much now (seems like DLP tvs went out of style or something).

I'm looking to downgrade to probably about a 50" and trying to figure out what to get (I'd prefer a nice quality set, 1080p with HDMI), what might be my best options (are there any places that do trade-ins?), or if someone is interested in swapping or can provide some advice in the matter.

Any help anyone can be provide would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any further questions to clarify what I'm looking for, feel free to respond. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanky /forum/post/19558928

Hey folks, I recently moved from Chicago to San Francisco and realize my living space is a lot smaller. I have a 61" Samsung LED DLP TV (HDTV-HL-T6187S) that I want to exchange but it apparently isn't worth much now (seems like DLP tvs went out of style or something).

I'm looking to downgrade to probably about a 50" and trying to figure out what to get (I'd prefer a nice quality set, 1080p with HDMI), what might be my best options (are there any places that do trade-ins?), or if someone is interested in swapping or can provide some advice in the matter.

Any help anyone can be provide would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any further questions to clarify what I'm looking for, feel free to respond. Thank you!

I doubt that you'll find a store that will take a trade in. You're better off just selling it locally on Craigslist as there are people who would like to have a huge screen at a low price, but there are usually dozens and dozens of DLP sets for sale on CL at any given time so it looks like the market is flooded, and folks aren't buying. Edit - i just searched SF Bay area CL for "DLP" and got over 100 listings !!

There are several 50" 1080p plasmas available from $500 to $2500 so knowing things like (A) what kind of content you'll be watching (HD Cable, OTA, Blu-Ray etc), (B) viewing distance, (C) viewing environment (bright daytime, or night time with or without room lights on, etc) will help narrow the field. Your preferred and max budgets will help too.

The only companies making Plasmas are LG, Samsung, and Panasonic.

Epinions Reviews for HL-T6187S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts