AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this right? i have just got a denon 1802 which has DPL2 (i am used to DPL) and when in this mode there is NO output from the subwoofer, all other modes use it inlcuding stereo, just wondering if this is normal as DPL used to use the sub all the time!?

Cheers, this is very confusing, DPL2 sounds great, its just missing the depth of the sub :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
DPL II uses the sub in the same way as other formats that could benefit from Bass Management. Some processors can have different SUB level output depending on decoding format. If this is the case for the 1802 I don't now. Go through your menus again and check if this is the case. If you only have a common menu/configuration for all the different formats and you do get a SUB output on DPL and not DPL II, something is not as it should and I suggest you contact Denon directly.

·
Registered
523 Posts
A sub won't be used (at least on my receiver) if all the speakers are set to 'large' because signal only goes to the sub in one of two cases: there's a dedicated LFE channel signal, or low frequencies below the crossover frequency that would normall go to a small speaker are sent to the sub.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, i have them all set to large so i will try them all at small :)

bmwrob - it has separate output levels for each mode, but its set to max on all of them, i will try setting them to small and see how it goes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wikid, it worked a treat, set them to small and the sub is now working excellently :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.