AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
But there is no color, and there seems to be some kind of weird "sandy" or "grainy" look to the BD, like it was shot on film or something. I can't see that grainy stuff on the DVD - obviously they screwed up the BD transfer. This looks nothing like Wall-E. I'm really disappointed. I mean if Ted Turner can colorize stuff a decade ago, why can't it be done now?

And I can't tell where the edges of everything is - it's so soft, and I like those little halos to tell where one thing stops and another starts.

Runs for deep cover...

Looks good, just like a film should - true to the media.

shinksma

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Where's the LD to BD comparison?

·
Banned
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma /forum/post/17048371

But there is no color, and there seems to be some kind of weird "sandy" or "grainy" look to the BD, like it was shot on film or something. I can't see that grainy stuff on the DVD - obviously they screwed up the BD transfer. This looks nothing like Wall-E. I'm really disappointed. I mean if Ted Turner can colorize stuff a decade ago, why can't it be done now?

And I can't tell where the edges of everything is - it's so soft, and I like those little halos to tell where one thing stops and another starts.

Runs for deep cover...

Looks good, just like a film should - true to the media.

shinksma

While I agree with your underlying sentiment, your 'rant' is more reflective of the AnalVSForum EE/DNR crowd...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Like I've been saying on many other SPHE catalog themed treads, I've been really impressed and satisfied their quality and consistency with accurate high definition presentations.

The opposite of facepalm to Sony!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.