1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
It'll be great to have this one on DVD. If its an excellent transfer, I'll be a happy camper. Its such a classic. This is yet another classic that I last saw on VHS on a 27" TV, so it'll be great to see it on the big screen.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah- i will own this DVD no matter what- i consider it one of the greatest films ever made...a fitting climax to David Lean's trifecta (Kwai, Lawrence, and Zhivago)

But- i am not buying it because of the initial post's link. The reviewer- does not review this disc- just previews it.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Actress Julie Christie again in her youthful splender, is what I would buy the disc for Omar Sheriff is okay. I liked him in another thriller more, any one seen Richard Harris star with Shariff in "Juggernaut"?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'm with brunsiv on this one. Zhivago is one of my favorite all-time films. First Citizen Kane and now this. I have to keep my eyes peeled for other timeless classics.

--Jerome

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
My copy of Dr. Zhivago on DVD is on its way here.

I am planning to do a tech overview and post my impressions shortly after I view the new video transfer.

I am looking forward to watch Lean's classic epic film with great anticipation!...

-THTS

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
First Citizen Kane and now this. I have to keep my eyes peeled for other timeless classics.
And don't forget the The Godfather, or you might end up sleeping with the fishes!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Grosse, I've got the nicest LD set they made and was never impressed with it. The extras are nice though, but the film looked so-so. I want the DVD. Best wishes!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
And don't forget the The Godfather, or you might end up sleeping with the fishes!
Dean,

It's an offer I did not refuse. I just forgot to mention it.

--Jerome

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Grosse, that would be ze vune I's hab!:p! I would imagine that they will use the same sound mix for the new DVD. Let's hope MGM gives one of their better efforts on the video. Come to think of it, let's hope they don't spoil the audio either. Some of their releases lack, partcularly in the audio department. Since they already have a 5.1 mix, let's hope they can't screw it up! My nephew will love his copy of the LD.....Best wishes!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.